• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Strange photo problem

crazyfingers

Supermagnon
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanism
When I copy photos to my tablet, many photos develop this problem. Maybe 1 on 20 photos has this problem at the bottom. The original on my computer is not like this. It happens when I transfer from the computer to the SD Card. Any idea why? Or better, how to make it not happen?

This posted from the version on my tablet. Semi-Corrupted.

2018 07 01 09 31 32.JPG

Here is the same picture but posted from my notebook.

Photos that are fine on my notebook become semi-corrupted when copied to my tablet.

2018 07 01 09 31 32.JPG

I'm not certain why or what is happening, but this is exactly why I always hook up the camera to the computer instead of taking the card out. I had this happen to a bunch of photos from a short trip when I took the SD card from the camera and put it in the computer. Something is getting corrupted somewhere.

I'm not certain why or what is happening, but this is exactly why I always hook up the camera to the computer instead of taking the card out. I had this happen to a bunch of photos from a short trip when I took the SD card from the camera and put it in the computer. Something is getting corrupted somewhere.

I don't recall if I transferred the photos to the tablet by wire or if I took the microSD card out and using an adapter, put the card into the notebook. In any case, the photos are on the microSD card and not internal storage.

The end of the file wasn't copied. Are you making sure to click the safely remove hardware thingie in Windows?

The end of the file wasn't copied. Are you making sure to click the safely remove hardware thingie in Windows?

I generally do but the problem is with about 5% of the 91,500 photos pretty randomly located from the folder for 2003 to the folder for 2018 among any and all of the monthly sub folders within. It took hours to load all those files. Also though my example above isn't as clear as others, there is still data behind the yellow. The photo shifts and discolors.

I think that it's likely that when I got this Tablet a few months ago that I put the SD card into the computer to copy the photos. I just tried copying over again one year, 2013, using the USB cable and didn't get any corrupted photos. Now I'm transferring the rest. It tells me it will be done in 23 hours! I will likely cut the process short and start it again overnight as I use my tablet in the evening.

If this works I would still have no idea why putting the SD card in the notebook would create these problems but USB wire would not.

Interesting and good to know. Though those appear to be mainly about problems moving photos from internal storage to the MiroSD card. I've been trying to load photos from the notebook to the SD card.

I just let the computer spend about 6 hours moving about half of my photos (2003 to 2013) to the SD card via USB-C wire instead of inserting the SD card into the notebook. So far I don't see any corrupted photos.

Preliminary guess is that it's not a good idea to put a microSD into an adapter to plug into the notebook. Don't know why but it may the the issue.

After about 16 hours transfering from the notebook to the MicroSD card in the tablet via USB-C wire, I haven't found any corrupted pictures.

Back
Top Bottom