• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Subconscious versus intentional genocide; Black Lives Matter

ApostateAbe

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Infotheist. I believe the gods to be mere information.
Which of the two beliefs do you think is a better representation of the core belief popular among Black Lives Matter activists, in your opinion?

(1) Blacks are systematically and SUBCONSCIOUSLY targeted for demise.
(2) Blacks are systematically and INTENTIONALLY targeted for demise.

Which of the two beliefs do you think is a better representation of the core belief popular among Black Lives Matter activists, in your opinion?

Since I haven't seen any BLM statement regarding the above points, I would not be able to say.

(3) The idea that blacks are "systematically targeted for demise" is racist propaganda propagated by #BLM and other "black power" groups akin to antisemitic blood libel.

Aren't most of the people killing black people other black people?

Does that make it a suigenocide? Or a genosuicide.

CUOC84wUsAAdRvR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't even get me started on the Saggy Pants guys.
Those are mostly just comical. For one, they move so slowly that my fat ass can run circles around them.

Doesn't the definition of "target" exclude the first choice?

More individuals (of any race) kill themselves unintentionally than other individuals (of any race) kill them. So you are more of a danger to yourself (statistically speaking) than some random black people or white people. Now don't do anything stupid because of this or you're just asking for it.

More individuals (of any race) kill themselves unintentionally than other individuals (of any race) kill them. So you are more of a danger to yourself (statistically speaking) than some random black people or white people. Now don't do anything stupid because of this or you're just asking for it.

If it's now time to contribute observations that have nothing to do with the topic I'll add the following: more people will probably eat lunch today than kill someone of any race.

If it's now time to contribute observations that have nothing to do with the topic I'll add the following: more people will probably eat lunch today than kill someone of any race.

You asked "Aren't most of the people killing black people OTHER black people?" [Emphasis added]. The answer to your question is NO. This is because just like all individual members of all races, individuals more often kill themselves unintentionally than OTHER people kill them.

You asked "Aren't most of the people killing black people OTHER black people?" [Emphasis added]. The answer to your question is NO. This is because just like all individual members of all races, individuals more often kill themselves unintentionally than OTHER people kill them.

Perhaps some facts will be of use:

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks.

But still you asked "Aren't most of the people killing black people other black people?" The answer to that specific question remains NO.

But still you asked if the majority of blacks are killed by other blacks. The answer to that specific question remains NO.

Again: 93% of black victims killed by blacks.

But still you asked "Aren't most of the people killing black people other black people?" The answer to that specific question remains NO.

Can anyone really be this stupid?

I would very much like to see a certain kind of statistic. Because it has been a while since I took stats, I may not quite hit the mark of what I'm going for here but...

Murder rates of people, by 'race' in the inner city, corrected for by racial population of the 3 block radius around each murder.

The hypothesis is that black people are more commonly the victims of shootings in shitty parts of the city because they are they are poor and desperate and live short, mean lives as a result. That if you corrected for the racial demographics of the inner city, that just as many white gangbangers are shooting whites and blacks as there are whites and blacks in the inner city to shoot, same as the black (and Mexican and Hmong) gang bangers shoot, and that in the inner city, when corrected for racial breakdown of the neighborhood, anyone is equally likely to end up a criminal.

I think that the people in the BLM movement would say that it doesn't matter to them whether the racism that they face is subconscious or intentional. That it is very real is what matters.

And I don't think that anyone else is claiming that the police are targeting anyone to kill them, whether intentionally or subconsciously. I don't know if you have ever been in the position where you have to take someone's life, it isn't an easy thing to do. If killing comes easily to you then you are either a sociopath or a psychopath, or you have been trained to do it in very specific circumstances, that is, military training which relies heavily on kill or see your buddy killed.

It is unreasonable to assume that the police are trained to view killing as anything but a last resort or that they are all anti-social.

And I don't think that anyone could reasonably say that it is systematic racism on the part of the police that is the problem, about 25% of the urban police are black and they are involved in about this percentage of the shooting incidents involving black suspects. As you would suspect, unless you assume that the police are systematically racist.

And I don't think that the problem is that the police are unreasonably assuming that more blacks are involved in more criminality than other races. Obviously they are and the police would be remiss if they didn't take this into account, just like they would be remiss to ignore the fact that when a wife is murdered it is usually the husband who is the killer or that areas populated by the poor have more crime because the poor commit the vast majority of street crimes.

I think that the BLM movement is a result of what blacks know because they are reminded of it everyday, that they are still discriminated against. That they are disproportionally poor, that they are involved in more criminally because of it, that they are stopped disproportionally even for their own criminally, that they are convicted more often and that they serve longer prison terms. That they as a group go to poorer schools. That they have a harder time getting a job. That when they do get a job they have to work harder for less pay.

When they point these obvious facts out that they are still horribly discriminated against despite all of the successes of the civil rights era, then the effects of the discrimination, poverty, lower educational achievement, more criminality, etc. are used to minimize and even to justify the cause of the problems, the discrimination.

It has gotten so bad that in survey after survey about one half of whites today feel that discrimination against whites is a bigger problem than discrimination against blacks. This is insane. It is more an expression of the pervasive racism than a rational conclusion of the available facts. And I think that this half of the whites realize it. If you ask them if considering their professed belief in the advantages of being black if they would prefer then to be black to take advantage of the discrimination against whites that the answer is no.

What the BLM movement is protesting against is reasonable, the killing of innocents by the police. No matter why, the police shouldn't be shooting people who pose no threat to the life of the officer involved. Black parents shouldn't have to teach their children to fear the police like they do now. It can only add to the problems, causing them to become progressively worse.

The way that it is now the police justifiably fear blacks and blacks justifiably fear the police. This obviously is a serious problem. A problem that defies an obvious solution other than the apparently intractable, for some reason that completely escapes me, solution of ending the pervasive discrimination of blacks.

I think that the people in the BLM movement would say that it doesn't matter to them whether the racism that they face is subconscious or intentional. That it is very real is what matters.

And I don't think that anyone else is claiming that the police are targeting anyone to kill them, whether intentionally or subconsciously. I don't know if you have ever been in the position where you have to take someone's life, it isn't an easy thing to do. If killing comes easily to you then you are either a sociopath or a psychopath, or you have been trained to do it in very specific circumstances, that is, military training which relies heavily on kill or see your buddy killed.

It is unreasonable to assume that the police are trained to view killing as anything but a last resort or that they are all anti-social.

And I don't think that anyone could reasonably say that it is systematic racism on the part of the police that is the problem, about 25% of the urban police are black and they are involved in about this percentage of the shooting incidents involving black suspects. As you would suspect, unless you assume that the police are systematically racist.

And I don't think that the problem is that the police are unreasonably assuming that more blacks are involved in more criminality than other races. Obviously they are and the police would be remiss if they didn't take this into account, just like they would be remiss to ignore the fact that when a wife is murdered it is usually the husband who is the killer or that areas populated by the poor have more crime because the poor commit the vast majority of street crimes.

I think that the BLM movement is a result of what blacks know because they are reminded of it everyday, that they are still discriminated against. That they are disproportionally poor, that they are involved in more criminally because of it, that they are stopped disproportionally even for their own criminally, that they are convicted more often and that they serve longer prison terms. That they as a group go to poorer schools. That they have a harder time getting a job. That when they do get a job they have to work harder for less pay.

When they point these obvious facts out that they are still horribly discriminated against despite all of the successes of the civil rights era, then the effects of the discrimination, poverty, lower educational achievement, more criminality, etc. are used to minimize and even to justify the cause of the problems, the discrimination.

It has gotten so bad that in survey after survey about one half of whites today feel that discrimination against whites is a bigger problem than discrimination against blacks. This is insane. It is more an expression of the pervasive racism than a rational conclusion of the available facts. And I think that this half of the whites realize it. If you ask them if considering their professed belief in the advantages of being black if they would prefer then to be black to take advantage of the discrimination against whites that the answer is no.

What the BLM movement is protesting against is reasonable, the killing of innocents by the police. No matter why, the police shouldn't be shooting people who pose no threat to the life of the officer involved. Black parents shouldn't have to teach their children to fear the police like they do now. It can only add to the problems, causing them to become progressively worse.

The way that it is now the police justifiably fear blacks and blacks justifiably fear the police. This obviously is a serious problem. A problem that defies an obvious solution other than the apparently intractable, for some reason that completely escapes me, solution of ending the pervasive discrimination of blacks.

The reason the problem is intractable is that "ending the pervasive discrimination against blacks" is as much a solution to the problem as "just paying for college" is a solution for poor uneducated farmers in in China to get out of squalor.

The problem is caused by a structure in the human brain that (almost) everyone has. It takes in a situation like crime, and sees a disproportionately high number of people doing it with a highly identifiable marker (skin color in this case) and then assumes a causation, even though the real cause is not at all identifiable or visible in many instances: poverty.

It is intractable because we can't just make all the black people who have lived in generational cycles of criminal behavior just suddenly educated and well employed. We can't just snap our fingers and turn half the white people in the world black and half the black people white to eliminate the correlation and the ability to propagate it. It is intractable because every person, white and black, sees the correlation and their own brains betray them by attaching feelings of distrust, disgust, and disdain on black skin. It is because the brain is wired to feel as if people don't, can't change, that they have natures that they are born into because for a billion years that's how things worked: an individual was define largely by their DNA and they kept it all their lives.

The thing is, we can't just not feel racism any more than we can simply 'turn off' our feelings of love, lust, hate, or jealousy, and people are notoriously bad at disregarding their feelings.

Back
Top Bottom