• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Support For Trump Impeachment Rising

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...impeachment-inquiry-support-grows/4069304002/

WASHINGTON – Support for the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump's dealings in Ukraine continue to grow, as does support for his removal from office, a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found.
A 55% majority of registered voters said they approved of the inquiry, while 43% said they disapproved. A week ago, 51% of voters said they approved and 45% disapproved. Quinnipiac has found support for the inquiry to be in the low-50% range since it was announced at the end of September
The poll found that slightly less than half of Americans support impeaching Trump and removing him from office, though support for such a move has been rising since the inquiry began.
Currently, 48% support Trump's removal.

------------

I suspect support for impeachment will keep rising as investigations and hearings go on and the news gets more damning. This is getting serious. I wonder how the prospect of President Pence is weighing in the minds of the many who seem to not want Trump's removal?

Support for the inquiry still isn't cutting into the Republican ranks and Independents aren't budging from where it has been, pretty much floating at 3 to 2.

Sen. Thune's comments are more important until Independents really lean hard towards the inquiry.

Public opinion doesn't really matter, only the scum in the senate.

Trump isn't going anywhere unless the Dems somehow beat him in 2020. Impeachment won't happen without something that makes Trump so toxic in red states that Republican senators don't have a choice in the matter. I don't see that happening.

Trump isn't going anywhere unless the Dems somehow beat him in 2020. Impeachment won't happen without something that makes Trump so toxic in red states that Republican senators don't have a choice in the matter. I don't see that happening.

"So" toxic? How toxic is this?

Cheato's lawyers are now arguing that he is flat-out above the law, cannot be prosecuted or even investigated for anything - even cold-blooded murder. So, according to his lawyers, Trump can simply convene a meeting with the entire Democratic caucus, mow them all down with a full-auto AR15, and nobody can say boo. And if the SCOTUS doesn't like it he can mow them all down too. Further, if YOU don't like it he can send his brownshirts over to your house and have them shoot your ass off too, then pardon them.

Welcome to the America that Trump is offering his idiot followers.
Is that toxic enough, Terrell?

Actually, by his lawyers' logic, he could pull his own coup on the Constitution, declare that there will be no 2020 election, and that because of the border emergency he is suspending civil law and remaining in office until the crisis is over. By their logic, he can't be touched until he leaves office.
But let's say this for Orangey: goddamn, he is keeping COLORADO SAFE!!! Wanna see that Colorado wall!!

"So" toxic? How toxic is this?

Cheato's lawyers are now arguing that he is flat-out above the law, cannot be prosecuted or even investigated for anything - even cold-blooded murder. So, according to his lawyers, Trump can simply convene a meeting with the entire Democratic caucus, mow them all down with a full-auto AR15, and nobody can say boo. And if the SCOTUS doesn't like it he can mow them all down too. Further, if YOU don't like it he can send his brownshirts over to your house and have them shoot your ass off too, then pardon them.

Welcome to the America that Trump is offering his idiot followers.
Is that toxic enough, Terrell?

I'm not sure you understood my point given your reaction. I'm talking about the politics; not the law. Toxic enough is when the Republican Senators think that allowing him to remain in the Presidency will cost them their seats. As long as that's not the case I doubt that the Republicans will remove him. Given the degree of polarization in American politics it's probably going to have to be worse than the things you describe, and there be irrefutable proof of Trump's guilt.

Last edited:
And Lindsey Graham, among others, is claiming that the WH summary of the "I need a favor, though" call is...proof of nothing! What absolute hypocrisy. Jawdropping. There is no alternate universe where they would accept this from a Democrat President. The message is loud and clear: they will excuse everything/anything Trump does. That's a whorehouse party.

Actually, by his lawyers' logic, he could pull his own coup on the Constitution, declare that there will be no 2020 election, and that because of the border emergency he is suspending civil law and remaining in office until the crisis is over. By their logic, he can't be touched until he leaves office.
But let's say this for Orangey: goddamn, he is keeping COLORADO SAFE!!! Wanna see that Colorado wall!!

And the GOP would cheer.

Back
Top Bottom