• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Support GMO foods

It's fucking stupid to single out one methodology in this way.
What is fucking stupid is to say that Seralini's study is crap, and then say that Monsantos study is not crap even though it has the same short comings. That is fucking stupid. It is fucking stupid to say that GMO's have been scientifically shown to be safe and then admit that the studies are crap.
That is fucking stupid

Seralini's study is crap - full stop. There is no then.

What is fucking stupid is to say that Seralini's study is crap, and then say that Monsantos study is not crap even though it has the same short comings. That is fucking stupid. It is fucking stupid to say that GMO's have been scientifically shown to be safe and then admit that the studies are crap.
That is fucking stupid

Seralini's study is crap - full stop. There is no then.

Well Monsanto's study must be crap as well, as Monsanto's study has the same problems

DNA is DNA, regardless of how it is assembled.

If I start with:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogs​

and end with

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs​

what difference does it make whether I deleted the letter 's' with the backspace key, and then typed 'ed'; or whether I copied the word 'jumped' from another text using Ctrl+C, and pasted it over the word 'jumps' using Ctrl+V?

The technique by which a given DNA base pair sequence is assembled has exactly NO effect on the resulting sequence. There is no way to tell how a given sequence was assembled; Two identical sequences made using different techniques cannot produce different results.

Of course, you probably don't recognise the above as science; but frankly, neither I nor reality give a shit what you believe.

Wow, that has got to be the stupidest argument to ignore the dangers of genetic engineering I've ever encountered.
Here is a scientific paper that shows how genomes actually can be influenced. In this example they merely fed the bees dsRNA expecting few effects only to find that 10% of the DNA was affected
Non-Target Effects of Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP)-Derived Double-Stranded RNA (dsRNA-GFP) Used in Honey Bee RNA Interference (RNAi) Assays

RNA interference has been frequently applied to modulate gene function in organisms where the production and maintenance of mutants is challenging, as in our model of study, the honey bee, Apis mellifera. A green fluorescent protein (GFP)-derived double-stranded RNA (dsRNA-GFP) is currently commonly used as control in honey bee RNAi experiments, since its gene does not exist in the A. mellifera genome. Although dsRNA-GFP is not expected to trigger RNAi responses in treated bees, undesirable effects on gene expression, pigmentation or developmental timing are often observed. Here, we performed three independent experiments using microarrays to examine the effect of dsRNA-GFP treatment (introduced by feeding) on global gene expression patterns in developing worker bees. Our data revealed that the expression of nearly 1,400 genes was altered in response to dsRNA-GFP, representing around 10% of known honey bee genes. Expression changes appear to be the result of both direct off-target effects and indirect downstream secondary effects; indeed, there were several instances of sequence similarity between putative siRNAs generated from the dsRNA-GFP construct and genes whose expression levels were altered. In general, the affected genes are involved in important developmental and metabolic processes associated with RNA processing and transport, hormone metabolism, immunity, response to external stimulus and to stress. These results suggest that multiple dsRNA controls should be employed in RNAi studies in honey bees. Furthermore, any RNAi studies involving these genes affected by dsRNA-GFP in our studies should use a different dsRNA control.

Bear in that regulators have long assumed this sort of thing cannot happen, so it is not tested for and results like this are handwaved away. The person who handwaved these sort of concerns away in the USA was Michael Taylor, Monsantos' former attorney, and Vice President, who went on to work for the FDA

Last edited:
Reactions: DBT
There are many conspiracy-minded zealots in white society whose delusions about genetically-engineered foods have an unintended genocidal effect. They are trying to force labels on GMO foods through state ballot initiatives in the USA. They have already won in Europe. Coupled with their fear campaigns disconnected from reality, they are trying to push GMO foods out of the marketplace, with the effect of continuing the death trend of millions more people. Whenever you see their false, anti-scientific and anti-humanistic claims, I suggest you share this video. They need to be held accountable, and the misinformation needs to be corrected. Rational clear-thinking people have a moral responsibility.

In the past you posted a thread praising Mark Lynas. Are you still a big fan now that he has been shown to be a liar for GM foods?

Turning Bt. Brinjal failure into a propaganda of success -

There are many conspiracy-minded zealots in white society whose delusions about genetically-engineered foods have an unintended genocidal effect. They are trying to force labels on GMO foods through state ballot initiatives in the USA. They have already won in Europe. Coupled with their fear campaigns disconnected from reality, they are trying to push GMO foods out of the marketplace, with the effect of continuing the death trend of millions more people. Whenever you see their false, anti-scientific and anti-humanistic claims, I suggest you share this video. They need to be held accountable, and the misinformation needs to be corrected. Rational clear-thinking people have a moral responsibility.

In the past you posted a thread praising Mark Lynas. Are you still a big fan now that he has been shown to be a liar for GM foods?

Turning Bt. Brinjal failure into a propaganda of success -

I think so. I read the article, but I would like to hear it from you. Who has shown Bt. Brinjal to be failure and with what evidence? If the evidence shows it is really a failure, then I will change my mind. So let's talk about the evidence.

tupac chopra, I invite you to the GMO Skepti-forum on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GMOSF

They collect and discuss information that corrects the myths. Just do a word search within the Facebook group. On Google, I could find a few useful results (such as Mark Lynas's YouTube video of his interviews with Bt. Brinjal farmers in Bangladesh), but in the Facebook group I could find much more, such as a Cornell entomologist's blog post about his experience with Bangladeshi Bt brinjal farmers interviewed by the damaging anti-GMO story. You don't have to believe these people, but it is a useful tool all the same. If you can't find what you are looking for, just start a new topic. The members of the group are generally knowledge and experienced about the issues.

Back
Top Bottom