• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syrian rebels crucifying people

Nexus

Basic Beliefs
basically
I thought this might be informative for all the chicken hawks from last year saying America needed to help these freedom fighters overthrow Assad. Of course some claimed they simply wanted others to go fight there because they were outraged people had died from chemical weapon attacks. I don't remember any threads or posts clamoring for US intervention to help Assad after it was shown the chemical attacks had originated from rebel controlled areas. But I might have missed them.

Link

And the argument would be, had we acted decisively then, it would not have come to this now. And for some reason, it's all in John McCain voice in my head.

I hear McCain starting the sentence and Hillary finishing the sentence.
I could swear I remember Kerry being in that circle jerk as well...but then some Russian bear took away their gummy worms.

Yeah. Its all bad. We didn't get to missile the Syrian AF into powder, drone a bunch of terrorists, or even get another excuse to claim Obama is weak.

Things are so bad that this 87 year old veteran who was sitting beside me still thinks Obama actually purposely stayed away from Benghazi to show terrorists how much he doesn't care about America.

Is there evidence they are being killed very crucifixion... not that it that much better than hanging the dead in such a pose.
And the argument would be, had we acted decisively then, it would not have come to this now. And for some reason, it's all in John McCain voice in my head.

I could swear I remember Kerry being in that circle jerk as well...but then some Russian bear took away their gummy worms.
Didn't we get what we (Russians as well!) wanted? The WMDs destroyed, or try destroying them... without dropping a bomb? Military intervention wouldn't have worked well in destroying the WMDs. I can't imagine that the US is dumb enough to want Assad out. We were sheepish during the mass protests against Mubarak, who despite the Tea Party clammor to the otherwise, was the US's guy. No Assad in Syria seriously destabilizes an already destabilized situation. The US couldn't possibly want another Somalia.

If the US were so against Assad, why did calls for him to step down kind of die off?

Didn't we get what we (Russians as well!) wanted? The WMDs destroyed, or try destroying them... without dropping a bomb? Military intervention wouldn't have worked well in destroying the WMDs. I can't imagine that the US is dumb enough to want Assad out. We were sheepish during the mass protests against Mubarak, who despite the Tea Party clammor to the otherwise, was the US's guy. No Assad in Syria seriously destabilizes an already destabilized situation. The US couldn't possibly want another Somalia.

If the US were so against Assad, why did calls for him to step down kind of die off?
Did we get what we (US govt.) wanted? Hum...so why was the CIA knee deep shoveling arms to the Syrian terrorists since early 2012?

http://www.emptywheel.net/2013/09/1...rt-we-have-handwritten-receipts-for-the-guns/
US: “Never Mind That Guy Eating a Heart, We Have Handwritten Receipts For the Guns”
Published September 13, 2013

Lethal aid. Nonlethal aid. Moderate groups. Radical Islamist groups. Light weapons. Anti-aircraft weapons. We have been barraged with a dizzying array of descriptions of what is going on in Syria and to what extent the US is helping which groups.

I have been harping recently on the issue of why the Obama administration is going to great lengths to change the date and time of entry for the first CIA-trained and armed death squads the US sent into Syria. Despite public evidence the first group entered as at least 300 militants on August 17, both Barack Obama and the CIA have “leaked” that the first group of 50 entered or was armed in the last week of August or the first week of September, after the disputed chemical weapons attack on August 21. But keep in mind that these groups are the small death squads built on the US model of the CIA and JSOC troops “training”
<snip>
The problem, though, is that Idris’ claim in March that the US wasn’t helping his group with lethal aid was bullshit. As CTuttle reminded us in a comment in my post yesterday, the New York Times discussed how the CIA has been “assisting” the flow of lethal aid to the FSA and other groups for over a year. The Times article was published a little over three weeks after Idris’ plea, but documents CIA involvement in weapons shipments for a long time before that point: <links to NYT piece below>

March 24, 2013:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/w...expands-with-cia-aid.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
With help from the C.I.A., Arab governments and Turkey have sharply increased their military aid to Syria’s opposition fighters in recent months, expanding a secret airlift of arms and equipment for the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, according to air traffic data, interviews with officials in several countries and the accounts of rebel commanders.
The airlift, which began on a small scale in early 2012 and continued intermittently through last fall, expanded into a steady and much heavier flow late last year, the data shows. It has grown to include more than 160 military cargo flights by Jordanian, Saudi and Qatari military-style cargo planes landing at Esenboga Airport near Ankara, and, to a lesser degree, at other Turkish and Jordanian airports.
/snip/
From offices at secret locations, American intelligence officers have helped the Arab governments shop for weapons, including a large procurement from Croatia, and have vetted rebel commanders and groups to determine who should receive the weapons as they arrive, according to American officials speaking on the condition of anonymity.”

They should probably keep on eye on their crucifixees for at least 72 hours after they're dead . . . just in case.

Back
Top Bottom