• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tacit Support for the Big Lie

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
It sometimes occurs to me that right wingers on IIDB are getting a free pass. Not that the internet shouldn't be "free" in terms of expression, just that I think there are people here advancing an agenda to which they won't own up. I see no full-throated denial, nor any overt embrace of The Big Lie by these people. So I wonder what they think.
I'd like to canvass our RW enthusiasts, trumpsuckers etc., but there is little point since they are usually rather closed-fisted with the truth.
Just for grins, though, I invite any and all who believe Trump is our real president, or Joe Biden stole the 2020 election or that there was massive fraud in the 2020 election, to SAY SO. It would be great to get to the bottom of why anyone believes such things - which many obviously do.
I also invite our conservatives to voice opposition to The Big Lie if that's how they feel.
I suspect that most of our conservatives haunt other sites where they can speak their "right" minds among like minded extremists, but are (correctly) afraid of shaming and ridicule if they admit to supporting The Big Lie around here. Yet, they don't deny supporting it. Go figure.

US Senator Rick Scott (Medicare fraud fame) responded to the issue of the election fraud claims on NPR by diverting the issue to 'it is a concern of the electorate'. By doing this, he can say they are merely reacting to the electorate's concern. This deflection is quite appealing because it defuses the ability of an interviewer to make the Senator answer straight up about the false claims of election fraud in 2020... and soon to be 2022. It doesn't matter that the GOP and their cable/radio media empires are pushing the fraud.

They can just say it is a concern of the electorate and it is reasonable to ensure that we do have safe elections. Election Fraud claims have raked in hundreds of millions to the GOP, and is lighting a fire for turnout among the rabid base of the GOP.

I'm not a conservative answering your request, however, I was interested to hear a self-described moderate republican (on a podcast called "The Politics Guys") address this.

He is a legal professional, who considers himself to be fact based, by-the-law kind of guy.

He has also called Trump a buffoon on many occasions - but would likely still vote for him.

His take is that there is nothing wrong with making sure there are no election irregularities, and that it is the right thing to do. Throws in some whataboutism.

When discussing Jan 6, his take is that it was a small, harmless group of misguided individuals - nothing to see here - adds in some more whataboutism

Hunter Biden comes up a lot no matter what the criticism of the GOP is.

Election Fraud claims have raked in hundreds of millions to the GOP, and is lighting a fire for turnout among the rabid base of the GOP.
I don’t think any of our resident conservatives are raking in big bucks off The Big Lie, so I hoped maybe one or two would be willing to “truth” about it. So far, no.

Hunter Biden comes up a lot no matter what the criticism of the GOP is.

Yeah we have a poster or two here who are hung up on that, but this thread isn’t a criticism of the GOP, it’s just a straightforward y/n question that’s I feel deserves an answer from any conservative wishing to be treated as an honest broker in conversation.

A series of posts that violate the TOU by discussing moderation have been temporarily hidden while the staff deals with the violations.

:staffwarn:

It remains a part of the TOU that arguing about forum moderation in threads is a violation. If you have questions, start a thread in private feedback.

If you post complaints about moderation in a thread, or quote those complaints, you may find that your on-topic content is tossed out with the bathwater. Be a dear and refrain from responding to, or quoting, violations of the TOU.

Edited posts may re-appear if they are salvageable.

I invite any and all who believe Trump is our real president, or Joe Biden stole the 2020 election or that there was massive fraud in the 2020 election, to SAY SO. It would be great to get to the bottom of why anyone believes such things - which many obviously do.
I also invite our conservatives to voice opposition to The Big Lie if that's how they feel.
In light of the violations of TOU in this thread, I am bumping it to reiterate the invite to any honest RW adherents who might wish to state an honest opinion regarding The Big Lie.

Back
Top Bottom