• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Texas school decide it's a bad idea to teach facts - teacher forced to apologize

... The school issued a statement, defending the assignment saying it was intended to encourage, "critical thinking skills and dialogue was not intended to question or challenge any student’s religious beliefs.”
Oh yes... We wouldn't want the teaching of critical thinking skills to challenge people's preconceived ideas!!

So, a student bleeves that people die and go to Heaven and come back and tell us they went to Heaven and THAT is evidence God is real. Seems that they don't need an apology, they need extra homework on how to tell what evidence actually is.

Isn't faith allegedly worthless if it is considered a fact?

That said, probably a bad idea to involve god in a homework assignment.

Isn't faith allegedly worthless if it is considered a fact?

Yes, you need faith only if something isn't a fact. Faith is what fills the vacuum created by ignorance.

Agnotology is the study of culturally induced ignorance or doubt. Religion can be described as agnotological, but as in this case isn't, which is in turn itself an agnotological result because so many people share the ignorance.

Political economy is also agnotological.

Climate change denial is agnotological because it is culturally induced doubt of established fact.

(I have to type a word about four or five times before my word prediction software presents it as choice. Agnotology Agnotology.)

I don't know, I think that makes for an easy A. If your essay is divinely inspired, who is the teacher to give it anything less than a perfect score?

Ah, Texas, making Iran look good since 1995.
Yeah sure, this is worse than what Iran is doing. :rolleyes:
Sep3002hangings.jpg

Well, I guess those thugs shouldn't have attacked the cops.

I don't know, I think that makes for an easy A. If your essay is divinely inspired, who is the teacher to give it anything less than a perfect score?
The teacher listed the statement on the work assignment. They put god into play in the classroom, which really is something that isn't appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, Texas, making Iran look good since 1995.
Yeah sure, this is worse than what Iran is doing. :rolleyes:
From a poster who has never been guilty of hyperbole ever.

The teacher was out of line here.

Besides, ask any Fortran programmer--God is real. (Unless declared integer.)

Clearly, this is just punishment for the thugs that attacked the Iranian police.
Or rather do things like being gay. But don't let facts get in the way of a good anti-police narrative.

It is against the law to engage in homosexual behavior in Iran. The criminals knew this, and chose to break the law. Therefore, the police were perfectly justified in executing these thugs.

I find it hard to believe that you do not agree with my reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom