• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The American Family Association's Bigotry Map -- You are probably on it.

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://www.afa.net/bigotrymap#__utm...cmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=3644464

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/american-family-associations-bigotry-map-misses-the-mark-big-time

Today, the anti-LGBT American Family Association (AFA) released an extremely detailed “Bigotry Map” that included “more than 200 groups and organizations that openly display bigotry toward the Christian faith.”

Oddly enough, the so-called “Bigotry Map” actually included leading social justice organizations, including HRC, the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), the Southern Poverty Law Center and People for the American Way.

Well, yes, as an atheist, i appear to be defined as one who 'Does not believe in God and is critical of those who express their faith in public.'

Personally, i don't believe in ANY gods, so that could be a bit better expressed.
And i'm only critical of public efforts to get me to live my life in accord with a faith that i don't share. I know plenty of 'live-and-let-live' atheists who only get critical in self-defense.
So i'd say they're kinda bigoted against 'atheists' on this map.

For that matter, i don't see where they explain their definition of 'bigotry.'

WTF ? These people are insane. I like how so many of the icons on the map are tagged "Freethinker", for example, "Joplin Freethinkers" is identified on the map. So just by being a freethinker, you are a bigot. Lunatics.

Massachusetts and just two things within 100 miles of Boston?

Some things have descriptions, others look like they did a web search for freethinker groups and put the results on their map.

I also like how the ACLU is on the map (only thing in Wyoming). Seeing that they pretty much defend anyone, including Rush Limbaugh.

One other note, what is their definition to the word "bigotry"? Because it appears to be rather broad. I mean, how many gays are Christians after all.

One last thing... I wonder if someone could post another one of those things... showing the Christian Churches in America... assuming such a map didn't crash Google in the process.

I'm surprised they didn't list every university on their map

Or every non-Christian bookstore, or really any place that does not actively support the oppression of liberty of all non-christian persons.

"Anti-Christian bigotry" = failure to actively promote bigotry toward all non-Christians.

Back
Top Bottom