• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The French Catholic boy brothel

Priests should be permitted to marry and have romantic relationships, but I don't see how that will keep the pedophiles from assaulting children. I guess that any large organization that permits adults to be in charge of children is going to attract a percentage of pedophiles. It's occurred in schools, the Boy Scouts, and other versions of religions. A year or two ago, it was discovered that both children and women had been sexually abused by quite a few leaders in evangelical churches. Some of these pastors were married, so marriage isn't going to solve this problem.

Culture matters. That's not going to fix it. A simpler and better solution is to have a rule against Catholic priests being in the same room alone with children. They can afford to hire secular staff for the religious education of kids. They don't need a priest to teach kids about Jonah and the Whale. Everybody wins.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

I'll have to ask my husband how often the kids were alone with the priests. He was raised as a Catholic and was an altar boy. He was never sexually assaulted, but I will ask him if anything suspicious ever happened when he was growing up Catholic.

I just asked him and he said that there was never a report or rumor of sexual abuse during his time as a Catholic youth. He told me that such rumors were more common regarding the Boy Scouts. As I said, it can happen wherever adults are in charge of children.

Priests should be permitted to marry and have romantic relationships, but I don't see how that will keep the pedophiles from assaulting children. I guess that any large organization that permits adults to be in charge of children is going to attract a percentage of pedophiles. It's occurred in schools, the Boy Scouts, and other versions of religions. A year or two ago, it was discovered that both children and women had been sexually abused by quite a few leaders in evangelical churches. Some of these pastors were married, so marriage isn't going to solve this problem.

Culture matters. That's not going to fix it. A simpler and better solution is to have a rule against Catholic priests being in the same room alone with children. They can afford to hire secular staff for the religious education of kids. They don't need a priest to teach kids about Jonah and the Whale. Everybody wins.

I'll have to ask my husband how often the kids were alone with the priests. He was raised as a Catholic and was an altar boy. He was never sexually assaulted, but I will ask him if anything suspicious ever happened when he was growing up Catholic.

I just asked him and he said that there was never a report or rumor of sexual abuse during his time as a Catholic youth. He told me that such rumors were more common regarding the Boy Scouts. As I said, it can happen wherever adults are in charge of children.

Ok... but now you are talking about something different. I think rumours of sexual misconduct has almost zero correlation with actual sexual misconduct. No, offence but parents are generally INSANE when it comes to their kids. Anxiety is the norm. And I think we all know this. And I think this knowledge protects abusers.

Ok... but now you are talking about something different. I think rumours of sexual misconduct has almost zero correlation with actual sexual misconduct. No, offence but parents are generally INSANE when it comes to their kids. Anxiety is the norm. And I think we all know this. And I think this knowledge protects abusers.

I'm not sure how your posts relates to my post. :D I was just reporting the experiences of a person who is now an adult, but who was once a Catholic child. He's the one that brought up the Boy Scouts. Supposedly, some sexually inappropriate things were happening with the Boy Scouts, if his friends were being truthful.

My point has always been that these things are going to happen whenever you have adults, mostly men, in charge of children. Hopefully, it's not that common, but it happens in all types of situations. The problem with the churches is that parents usually put too much trust in the church leaders, so they can often get away with harming children. The children are often too fearful to report the abuse or they are fearful that nobody will believe them. Marriage isn't going to change a pedophile. In fact, some of them are married, and still sexually abuse children. Sometimes they sexually abuse their own children, but I'm sure you already knew that.

But, I do agree that the Catholic Church has a long history of abusive tactics towards both women and children. Hopefully, this is less of a problem these days since so much has been come to light and been covered in the media.

I'm not sure how your posts relates to my post. :D I was just reporting the experiences of a person who is now an adult, but who was once a Catholic child. He's the one that brought up the Boy Scouts. Supposedly, some sexually inappropriate things were happening with the Boy Scouts, if his friends were being truthful.

My point has always been that these things are going to happen whenever you have adults, mostly men, in charge of children. Hopefully, it's not that common, but it happens in all types of situations. The problem with the churches is that parents usually put too much trust in the church leaders, so they can often get away with harming children. The children are often too fearful to report the abuse or they are fearful that nobody will believe them. Marriage isn't going to change a pedophile. In fact, some of them are married, and still sexually abuse children. Sometimes they sexually abuse their own children, but I'm sure you already knew that.

But, I do agree that the Catholic Church has a long history of abusive tactics towards both women and children. Hopefully, this is less of a problem these days since so much has been come to light and been covered in the media.

Kids often lie and parents are normally hysterical about their kids safety. On top of that pedophilia is extremely rare. And since we're talking children, trusting, gullible, easily controlled, once a pedo finds himself, (its always men) in a place where they have private access to children it can take decades before they are caught. One pedo can easily molest thousands of kids.

One thing that is typical about reports of caught pedos is the risks they take. They can take huge risks for decades and get away with it.

The people who know don't want to believe, so they look away. Then it reaches a point where they feel complicit and really become complicit.

Adults remembering childhood traumas are notoriously unreliable. It's too easy for us to see a documentary on something and then convince ourselves it actually happened to us.

And our idea that kids victims of traumas are for ever broken isn't either particularly helpful. That might lead adult victims who are well functioning to convince themselves they weren’t victims.

There's a lot of factors in our culture that protect pedophiles

In local news. 3 people arrested as part of a police sting operation to get adults looking for underage sex.

One was a high school psychologist. It is everywhere across demographics.

During the Boy Scouts scandal it was said the percentage was actually lower than the national percent of population.

With both the RCC and Boy Scouts it was more about the cover up. With the RCC it is ongoing, and the presumption they can adjudicate civil criminal cases in a religious court.

It isn't just RCC by any stretch.

My partner was putting out for the youth minister at the Methodist church when he was in single digit age. He told his mom about this when he was 11. His mom marched him down to the church, where he told the pastor and such. They were outraged that he would tell such lies about dear brother Marion, and forced him to apologize.

The next time Brother Marion took him under the bridge, it was a punishment fuck.
Tom

If they can't marry at leastlet them masturbate without feeling guilty.

The hand of god so to speak.

In 8th grade we were shown films of rlgiious orders and given promotional literature.

A kid goes through high school and to seminary and without any life or sexual experience becomes a celibate priest. What do you expect, you can't turn off hormones, genes, and sexual desire.

An ex nun in the 80s or 90s wrote a tell all book. I didn't read it but listened to a review. She claimed sex between nuns and priests is an open secret.

It is an impossible situation. The answer, let priests get married.
That answer doesn't work for child molesters.

Back
Top Bottom