• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The History Of Ideas About Heaven

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Over centuries, theological theories about heaven, its nature, and location kept mutating and changing. Discovery of the telescope made a lot of old theories obsolete and doubtful. From the Aeon website here is a history of all of this. Very well written and interesting. A good bit of what I call historical theology. Quite informative and amusing.

Over centuries, theological theories about heaven, its nature, and location kept mutating and changing. Discovery of the telescope made a lot of old theories obsolete and doubtful. From the Aeon website here is a history of all of this. Very well written and interesting. A good bit of what I call historical theology. Quite informative and amusing.
Personally, the Christian heaven doesn't appeal to me. It sounds really boring if not annoying.

Personally, the Christian heaven doesn't appeal to me. It sounds really boring if not annoying.
7c7303ce3ccfa92182df8a41ac3284cb--bizarro-comic-home-office.jpg

7c7303ce3ccfa92182df8a41ac3284cb--bizarro-comic-home-office.jpg
LOL. If gall bladders aren't bad enough, who would want to spend eternity with Jerry Falwell?

wrong thread

Last edited:
I’m with the godders myself. But the survey makes some sense, Coke HQ being in Atlanta and Pepsi’s being in NY.

Back
Top Bottom