• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The human machine interface control module.

Bronzeage

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Pragmatic
The latest contribution from the General Motor's engineering department is a little box that listens to your problems.

The human machine interface control module uses the cellular telephone microphone for voice recognition and cellular features. The human machine interface control module provides a bias voltage to each microphone (+) and (-) signal circuits for operation of the microphone.

The human machine interface module is responsible for the following: Video for the infotainment display, Bluetooth ®, USB, memory card reader, and speech recognition functions.

The human machine interface module communicates with the info display module via the LIN bus for control information, touch communications and dimming level. Digital video data is sent to the display through a dedicated video cable.

As with all modern automotive electronics, there is a built in self diagnostics systems, which detects problems in the system and stores important information about the failure. For model year 2015, the list of malfunction codes include U1456, which indicates "You're not the man who bought me. I feel like I hardly know you anymore."

Back
Top Bottom