• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The latest in supernatural quackery: "spirit science"

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
The latest in supernatural quackery: "spirit science"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spirit science&sm=3

I guess just tossing the word "quantum" around isn't enough anymore for the discerning new-agey snake oil consumer. I'll be honest that I haven't paid much attention to this one yet, but I keep seeing more and more of it in my YouTube feed. Yeesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Video series offering a skeptic's view of spirit science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dVOrJ-c7_s&list=PLHLnw5-2vMBRvibTnTI89CaPt6M-WI0R4

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I can't help but notice that these spirit science people have copied the format from Extra Credits almost verbatim.

I'm interested, but I can't watch youtubes. So I'm not sure what's included. So I have to read your OP and close it, unrequited, unable to tell what's going on. :shrug:

Oh, yeah! Spirit Science Video 12, the human history.
"We found some ancient cities. In one of them we found some tablets..." Wait, why say 'in one of them?' Makes it hard to find corroboration. 'cause, like, if i wanna know about King Tut's Tomb, i can find the date, year, location, the name of the guy that found it...

This is too like those Christain stories of a nameless philosophy instructor at an unnamed university who made a mistake and a nameless Marine capitalized on it...so there!

If there are space Jews does that mean there are space latkes? As a Jew, I must know this.

Is this guy secretly connected to Ramtha?

Anyway the time compression he does to the audio is annoying.

Strange as hell.

Ok, you have to watch episode 12 and go to timestamp 13:20 and most importantly at 14:30

This is totally impossible for the sun to rise in completely differently than the previous day. For the shift to happen in one day?

Seems he is saying that the physical poles not just magnetic pole are shifting. Yep, just throw conservation of angular momentum out the window.

Anyway, the people who watch this seriously are not going to be stopped by that.

If there are space Jews does that mean there are space latkes? As a Jew, I must know this.

The mere existence of the phrase "space latke" implies that there is something that can be improved in regular latkes. I like absurdities and all, but even I have my limits.

Back
Top Bottom