• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Magic Bus

ryan

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
a little of everything
A bus driver starts his beach route with no passengers except for himself. His first stop, he lets on 5 people. The next stop 3 people get off, and nobody gets on. The next stop 3 get on, but nobody gets off. The next stop 6 get off, and nobody gets on. The bus driver continues on to the next stop with no passengers.

How can this be?

There are no semantic tricks.

I thought of this, but forgive me if this has already been thought of.

Hide your answers please.

Last edited:
One of the five passengers in step threeish was obviously pregnant and delivered the child on the bus while in transit.

I should hope for sanitary reasons that the driver's final stop was the depot to get the thing cleaned.

Nice! Being the creator, it is hard to know if it is too easy or too hard. Hide your answer, and let's see if anyone else gets it.

The puzzle says the driver lets people on at various stops. A solution is that someone jumped on the bus while it wasn't at a stop, e.g. while driving along slowly and the door was open.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the five passengers in step threeish was obviously pregnant and delivered the child on the bus while in transit.

I should hope for sanitary reasons that the driver's final stop was the depot to get the thing cleaned.
But unborn babies are people two therefore if a pregnant woman got on the bus and gave birth it would be 2 people getting on and 2 people getting off. /fundy

The puzzle says the driver lets people on at various stops. A solution is that someone jumped on the bus while it wasn't at a stop, e.g. while driving along slowly and the door was open.

- - - Updated - - -

But unborn babies are people two therefore if a pregnant woman got on the bus and gave birth it would be 2 people getting on and 2 people getting off. /fundy

In that case, the solution is simply that one of the passengers conceived while aboard the bus. It is probably easier to have a discrete conception occur on the back seat than it is for someone to give birth on board without anyone noticing (and if they did notice, why didn't they mention it to begin with?).

Agreed that the driver was one of the 6 that exited at the last stop. Solved - Next one.

Back
Top Bottom