• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The New Atheist TV Network

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
It seems the writer for Salon, does not think much of this network. has anyone here seen it? Is it really that bad:confused:

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/09/i_s...il&utm_term=0_51f2320b33-9cb0db5dc2-285388977

"Atheist TV adheres to nasty stereotypes about atheism—smugness, gleeful disregard for others' beliefs—to a degree that's close to unwatchable," writes Daniel D'Addario in Salon. The network could learn a lot from Cosmos, which "inspired awe by presenting something in which to believe—the majesty of the universe.

Atheist TV adheres to nasty stereotypes about atheism—smugness, gleeful disregard for others' beliefs

He said that about The Atheist Experience? Really?

I've seen many episodes of that show on YouTube, and if he thinks that show can be characterized as anything remotely like the above quote, what sort of interactions between theists and atheists would the author consider more reasonable? 12 hours of atheists bowing before the camera and saying "We're sorry for being such scum!"?

The Atheist Experience is awesome. I've been watching it forever on YouTube.

What I love about The Atheist Experience is that most (if not all) of the hosts are ex-theists who show a lot more compassion for people who are still theists than most of the atheists you find on YouTube. Yeah, sometimes they lose their cool, but for the most part they treat callers with far more compassion and patience than I probably could under similar circumstances.

I used to watch TAE, but it got boring and eventually I got too frustrated by the callers. I can't tolerate stupid arguments anymore.

Atheist TV adheres to nasty stereotypes about atheism—smugness, gleeful disregard for others' beliefs

He said that about The Atheist Experience? Really?

I've seen many episodes of that show on YouTube, and if he thinks that show can be characterized as anything remotely like the above quote, what sort of interactions between theists and atheists would the author consider more reasonable? 12 hours of atheists bowing before the camera and saying "We're sorry for being such scum!"?

Well, he did watch bits of one or two of the several hundred episodes before making that judgement.

It seems the writer for Salon, does not think much of this network. has anyone here seen it? Is it really that bad:confused:

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/09/i_s...il&utm_term=0_51f2320b33-9cb0db5dc2-285388977

"Atheist TV adheres to nasty stereotypes about atheism—smugness, gleeful disregard for others' beliefs—to a degree that's close to unwatchable," writes Daniel D'Addario in Salon. The network could learn a lot from Cosmos, which "inspired awe by presenting something in which to believe—the majesty of the universe.

There's little new programming so far, it's basically videos of what you would see at atheist meetups. So go by that on whether you'd like it. You can watch online if you don't have roku.

The review is asinine. He needs an explanation of what's wrong with the Isaac sacrifice story?

The Atheist Experience has commented on it. Salon reviews The Atheist Experience, gives us a thumbs down

Back
Top Bottom