• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Placebo Effect

steve_bnk

Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...925447434?nk=a455fd2d06b4114c657a3210ba2a1070

'...PEOPLE with painful hips get as much relief from sham treatment by a caring physiotherapist as they do from the recommended therapy. That's the finding of an Australian study that shows the placebo effect is as powerful as the real thing for people with osteoarthritis in their hips.
The researchers studied the progress of 102 people with the painful condition which occurs when the cartilage in the hip joint wears away.
They were divided into two groups and seen by the same nine physiotherapists for nine months.
One group received the recommended exercise and manipulation treatment.
The other group received a fake treatment.
"Unfortunately for me as a physio, we found both groups showed significant benefits," says research leader Professor Kim Bennell of the University of Melbourne....'

Meditating on naked women works for me.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...925447434?nk=a455fd2d06b4114c657a3210ba2a1070

'...PEOPLE with painful hips get as much relief from sham treatment by a caring physiotherapist as they do from the recommended therapy. That's the finding of an Australian study that shows the placebo effect is as powerful as the real thing for people with osteoarthritis in their hips.
The researchers studied the progress of 102 people with the painful condition which occurs when the cartilage in the hip joint wears away.
They were divided into two groups and seen by the same nine physiotherapists for nine months.
One group received the recommended exercise and manipulation treatment.
The other group received a fake treatment.
"Unfortunately for me as a physio, we found both groups showed significant benefits," says research leader Professor Kim Bennell of the University of Melbourne....'

Meditating on naked women works for me.

Yes, but can it regrow a limb?

Back
Top Bottom