• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Pope TO Honor The CHildren Of Fatima

Rayschism

Basic Beliefs
small unobtrusive government, lots of freedom
The Pope wishes to honor the children of Fatima. Friday is the 100th anniversary of Fatima.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-fatima-honor-simple-children-changed-church-071241477.html
FATIMA, Portugal (AP) — Pope Francis urged Catholics on Friday to "tear down all walls" and spread peace as he traveled to this Portuguese shrine town to mark the 100th anniversary of one of the most unique events of the 20th-century Catholic Church: the visions of the Virgin Mary reported by three illiterate shepherd children and the "secrets" she told them.

Thousands of pilgrims lined Francis' motorcade route and tossed flower petals, evidence that Latin America's first pope has a huge following in this largely Catholic country. Cheers of "Viva o papa!" — "Long live the pope" — erupted when Francis pulled into Fatima's main square, which had been doused by heavy rains but was treated to a brilliant warm sun by the time he arrived.

There was no official crowd estimate, but the main square has a capacity of 600,000 and was overflowing. Authorities said they expected 1 million people.

"It is a big emotion because it is the first time he comes here, and we are always hopeful that something can improve," said Laurindo Pereira, a 55-year-old carpenter. "It is faith. In everything, it is about faith and it is a beautiful thing."

This is very confusing to me. How can something be honored, when, at least to the best of my knowledge, the third secret of Fatima has never been released?

This is very confusing to me. How can something be honored, when, at least to the best of my knowledge, the third secret of Fatima has never been released?
Why would that prevent it from being honored?
Your confusion is confusing. Do you think we can only honor things after full disclosure?
No one's gotten a medal for a military action that was classified at the time the medal was presented?

Your confusion is confusing. Do you think we can only honor things after full disclosure?
No one's gotten a medal for a military action that was classified at the time the medal was presented?

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

<snip>
Three questions and a statement about my impression of your statement. No lie, not a single one. Certainly not one you can identify to save your face.

You keep complaining about people trying to control you, but then you demand that i post in a manner that you approve of. Or not post, because you say so.

Hilarious.

<snip>

<snip> Keith, stop harassing me through negative reputation comments.
I have. Are you going to stop giving me negrep?
And stop harassing me period.
Well, since you ask so nicely, and so carefully support all your accusations against me.... Probably not.
Yeah, like that. <snipped for consistency>

You brag that YOU won't run from a fight, with a very generous definition of what an 'attack' is, but insist that i cease and desist because, what, you'll insult me some more? Without supporting your various claims?

Ever?

<snip> Keith, stop harassing me through negative reputation comments.
I have. Are you going to stop giving me negrep?
And stop harassing me period.
Well, since you ask so nicely, and so carefully support all your accusations against me.... Probably not.
Yeah, like that. <snip>

You brag that YOU won't run from a fight, with a very generous definition of what an 'attack' is, but insist that i cease and desist because, what, you'll insult me some more? Without supporting your various claims?

Ever?
<snip>

That argument by anatine again...

But you kept saying you wanted discussion?

Not with you. You want no discussion, you just want to mess with me.
You project a lot onto other people, Rayschism. And then act all innocent when other people notice it and remark on it.

Seems like you don't want a discussion, either. You literally want to control my posting, which you treated as anathema before.
Sad, really.

I was going to ask if this was the one where a zillion pilgrims allegedly saw the sun bob and weave around the sky for five minutes. I've always thought that was an odd claim.

Unless you two would like to be left alone.

I was going to ask if this was the one where a zillion pilgrims allegedly saw the sun bob and weave around the sky for five minutes. I've always thought that was an odd claim.

No, good luck with that.

Not with you. You want no discussion, you just want to mess with me.
You project a lot onto other people, Racism. And then act all innocent when other people notice it and remark on it.

Seems like you don't want a discussion, either. You literally want to control my posting, which you treated as anathema before.
Sad, really.

<snip>

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. That is called the Miracle Of Fatima.

Back
Top Bottom