• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Republicans and the disabled

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
It doesn't seem to have it's own thread but it's already been mentioned that The Felon thought they should just go die if they can't take care of themselves.

In light of that this bill from Florida seems very ominous:

Now, I can see legitimate reasons for a registry of the disabled, especially in a state subject to natural disasters. (Hey, having a list of people that might not be able to get themselves out of the way of a hurricane could be good.) But I can't picture Florida doing anything good with this information.

Down in the fine print, It's revealed that registration is voluntary.

"The information provided to law enforcement officers under the bill may assist officers in their official duties by preparing them to respectfully and appropriately interact with an individual enrolled in the registry who has a relevant disability or condition."

Apparently, Florida has a problem with police officers disrespectfully and inappropriately interact with disabled people.

There is no mention of who has access to this data base, or how the information is distributed. I wonder if the data base will be covered by HIPPA regulations.

Back
Top Bottom