• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Rig Veda

Spoken like a true ignorant fuck. An insulting pretentious prick of an ignorant fuck at that.

Oooo! Keep Talking dirty to me. I like it like that.

Hey, DLH, are you ever going to come back to the bible challenge thread you started, and respond to the challenges? Or do I have to declare victory again to get your attention?

Hey, Pinko, I thought I had finished that mess all up, for what it's worth.

Just in case of the latter, "The current score is Atheists: 1 bajillion, DLH: 0, and time is running out folks!"

you guys are so cute when you get all false confident.

To cut DLH a little slack, I don't think he understands that he is an atheist for all religions except Christianity so approached reading the Rig Veda as atheists who don't accept any religious texts as TRUTH including Christianity's. He couldn't find anything meaningful in the Rig Veda that could convince him that it was TRUTH. Why he blindly accepts the Bible as TRUTH is one of those quirks of human thinking where thoughts are compartmentalized. Without this compartmentalizing, if he read the Bible with the same objective critical eye as he reads other religion's texts then he would see it as being just as absurd as the religious texts of other religions.

I really get sick and tired of explaining to people who should know better to just pay attention. Don't look for an easy scapegoat. Just pay attention.
I am paying attention. The problem is that you make no sense. You think the Bible tells us something meaningful but the Rig Veda doesn't and that is only because the Bible fits your beliefs and the Rig Veda doesn't, not that either means shit with any objective reading.

uh, well . . . I'm adding the formidably elongated Hindu test the Rig Veda to Pathway Machine. Or PM as we like to call it. Uhmm. Yeah. Not impressed, I'm sorry to say. First of all, online, all sources seem to spring from one, nothing wrong with that, but typographical errors, grammatical mistakes having only been corrected by me is a fairly pathetic indication of the import of these so called sacred texts. Couldn't you have read it and noticed that the numerical character of 1 often appears where the fucking letter L should and correct that? Or where words are typed together. left incomplete, etc.
Looks like an inadequately-proofread OCR job. That looks like the sort of typos that OCR software often makes.

Anyway. The Rig Veda is a series of hymns is support of getting wasted with the Gods on what is referred to as Soma Juice. An intoxicating fermented beverage. And an appeal for money, military strength, and childbearing.
How is the latter much different from prosperity theology?

My favorite part is Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.
Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?

He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.

Umm, yes, when I was doing my religious research after leaving christianity and before becoming an atheist, I read this and several other religious texts. Your critique of it here shows the sort of intellectual shallowness and prejudice I've come to associate you with.
To cut DLH a little slack, I don't think he understands that he is an atheist for all religions except Christianity so approached reading the Rig Veda as atheists who don't accept any religious texts as TRUTH including Christianity's. He couldn't find anything meaningful in the Rig Veda that could convince him that it was TRUTH. Why he blindly accepts the Bible as TRUTH is one of those quirks of human thinking where thoughts are compartmentalized. Without this compartmentalizing, if he read the Bible with the same objective critical eye as he reads other religion's texts then he would see it as being just as absurd as the religious texts of other religions.

Thanks for the background info. I could not make head or tails about the OP's point.

We were dealing with someone who had difficulty understanding anything outside his own traditions and imagination, so we were forced to use really dumbed-down analogies.

Back
Top Bottom