• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Shooting of Daniel Shaver

To me, it seemed like the cops were worried there might be someone else in the hotel room. They had had reports of a rifle being out a window but no one came out of the room with a rifle. I could be wrong, but it seemed like this might have been the reason they didn't approach him while he was lying down. They did ask more than once if there was anyone else in the room.

Maybe the other cops were so worried, but the cop who shot Shaver is a psychopath. There was no fear in his voice as he tormented Shaver. This is just indefensible.

To me, it seemed like the cops were worried there might be someone else in the hotel room. They had had reports of a rifle being out a window but no one came out of the room with a rifle. I could be wrong, but it seemed like this might have been the reason they didn't approach him while he was lying down. They did ask more than once if there was anyone else in the room.

Maybe the other cops were so worried, but the cop who shot Shaver is a psychopath. There was no fear in his voice as he tormented Shaver. This is just indefensible.

Just to correct, the officer who shot and the officer who spoke the commands weren't the same person. And I would normally assume that a police officer is supposed to show no fear in tough situations, that's what they are there for.

Just to correct, the officer who shot and the officer who spoke the commands weren't the same person. And I would normally assume that a police officer is supposed to show no fear in tough situations, that's what they are there for.

Whoops, my error. Still didn't see any reason to shoot him, though. When you have multiple police officers in the same situation and only one shoots, that ought to weigh against reasonableness.

I just noticed this from 2022

The widow of an unarmed Texas man fatally shot by police outside his suburban Phoenix hotel room in 2016 has agreed to settle her wrongful death lawsuit. A notice of settlement filed Tuesday in federal court in Arizona shows that Laney Sweet, the wife of Daniel Shaver, and her two children will receive $8 million from the city of Mesa.

News

It was a sickening case.

Wondering whatever happened to Nice Squirrel.
I noticed Gun Nut stopped posting about the same time Nice Squirrel disappeared. :unsure: I hope he's OK.
Yup. I hope they are both okay. If someone starts a conversation with them they will get an email notification.

Back
Top Bottom