• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Shooting of Daniel Shaver

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...a-cried-begged-life-article-1.2582759?cid=msn
An unarmed man who was shot and killed by an Arizona police officer in January cried, complied with police orders and begged for his life before the fatal firing, according to a newly released police report.

Mesa Police Officer Philip Brailsford has been charged with second-degree murder for the death of Daniel Shaver, a 26-year-old Texas man. Authorities have declined to release Brailsford’s body cam footage from the deadly encounter.

Not much media coverage on this because it does not fit the racist media narrative of "police killing blacks".

Not much media coverage on this because it does not fit the racist media narrative of "police killing blacks".
Umm... or is it that apparently white people are fine with cops killing white people. In general, white indifference is caused by thinking 'that won't happen to me, therefore, I don't give a fuck', think eminent domain in Connecticut.

So how come you missed this story when it happened?

Because there wasn't much media coverage. Unlike black thugs who attack police officers (like Mike Brown) whom CNN covered non-stop for months.
You seem to be able to present local stories about black "thugs" that do not get lots of media attention. Seems to me that a SJWer like yourself would have been all over this story to show how "racist" the national media is.

So we are not going to discuss the shooting? The officer is facing murder charges. I thought it might be an important topic.

What this suggests is that White people really trust the police and presume if someone is killed, they likely deserved it. That is why anti-#BLM'ers are raising the situation. They think that the Police have a hard job, therefore shoot first, assess later.

What this suggests is that White people really trust the police and presume if someone is killed, they likely deserved it. That is why anti-#BLM'ers are raising the situation. They think that the Police have a hard job, therefore shoot first, assess later.

This.

Most middle and upper class white adults don't have to be subjected to driving while black. All black people, no matter the class, have to put up with it. It's a much bigger issue across a larger spectrum.

This.

Most middle and upper class white adults don't have to be subjected to driving while black. All black people, no matter the class, have to put up with it. It's a much bigger issue across a larger spectrum.

I have never once been afraid of being pulled over by the cops in my car. I have never once been afraid of the cops when they have approached me for anything. It does not occur to me to be afraid of the cops. Why would it?...

This is why, I suspect, when so many people who look like me, white and/or male, and visibly part of the mainstream of American culture, hear about a black person being gunned down by a cop, in their car or out of it, immediately go to “well, what did they do to deserve it?” Because, in the somewhat unlikely event of one of us being arrested by a cop, much less gunned down by one, we know damn well that dude did something stupid to warrant the cop taking that action. My own lived experience of 47 years, and the lived experience of nearly every other person who looks like me that I know, confirms that fact. I’m not going to get stick from a cop unless I did something to get that stick.

Link to John Scalzi

"I'm white...which, thank God for that shit, boy. That is a huge leg up. Are you kidding me? Oh, God, I love being white. I really do. Seriously, if you're not white, you're missing out. Because this shit is thoroughly good. Let me be clear, by the way. I'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better. Who could even argue? If it was an option, I would re-up every year."

Louie CK

More here.

This.

I have never once been afraid of being pulled over by the cops in my car. I have never once been afraid of the cops when they have approached me for anything. It does not occur to me to be afraid of the cops. Why would it?...

This is why, I suspect, when so many people who look like me, white and/or male, and visibly part of the mainstream of American culture, hear about a black person being gunned down by a cop, in their car or out of it, immediately go to “well, what did they do to deserve it?” Because, in the somewhat unlikely event of one of us being arrested by a cop, much less gunned down by one, we know damn well that dude did something stupid to warrant the cop taking that action. My own lived experience of 47 years, and the lived experience of nearly every other person who looks like me that I know, confirms that fact. I’m not going to get stick from a cop unless I did something to get that stick.

Link to John Scalzi
You look at Ferguson and see how an entire race is being taken advantage of to raise money via bogus tickets. And then when someone is killed and they get angry, whites from afar see 'dem blacks just being uppity all the time' when in fact, it has been simmering for years.

It is like the meta-data sping program. Whites will say "I have nothing to hide" and I, full disclosure... also white, "That isn't the fucking point!" And we seem to be at that cross road here, where making a mistake can cost you your life. It can be a criminal mistake (Brown) or simply a misunderstanding (Rice and the recent case in Minnesota). Some kid has a pellet gun at Walmart, he's dead. Some kid has a fake gun, playing alone in a park in Cleveland, he's dead, Michael Brown accosted for jaywalking, he's dead. Different situations, same outcomes. And the deaths of none of these people was necessary.

But hey... if they are dead, must be a reason. Loren Pechtel logic.

What I want to know is if anyone is going to defend the cop as usual. I especially miss a post from Loren explaining how the use of force was appropriate, necessary, and how there was no other viable alternative.

You look at Ferguson and see how an entire race is being taken advantage of to raise money via bogus tickets. And then when someone is killed and they get angry, whites from afar see 'dem blacks just being uppity all the time' when in fact, it has been simmering for years.

Yeah, lets look more carefully at that.

Here's the mayor:

1408471677000-AX095-70FB-9.JPG

And the city council:

Ward1a.jpegWard1b.jpegWard2b.jpegWard3a.jpegWard3b.jpeg

There's one more that has an oversize image I'm not going to screw around with.

The mayor is black, the city council is half black. Looks like the blacks are doing it to themselves.

Here's the mayor:

View attachment 7444

And the city council:

View attachment 7445View attachment 7446View attachment 7447View attachment 7448View attachment 7449

The mayor is black, the city council is half black. Looks like the blacks are doing it to themselves.

You know we can all use the internet, don't you, Loren? Two of the black city council members were elected after the Michael Brown shooting. The Mayor, James W. Knowles III, is not black.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/ferguson-election/
Article is dated April 2015:

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN)Change has come to Ferguson.
After months of turmoil and upheaval, months of frustration and anger, the beleaguered city has a new governing board. And it looks very different than the old one.

Buoyed by a higher-than-normal 30% turnout, two African-American candidates won their wards Tuesday night to make the six-member City Council 50% black. Ferguson's population of about 21,000 is 70% black, but the City Council was predominantly white, as is the police force.
Supporters of both candidates said that from the tragedy of a young black man's death, a new day dawned in Ferguson.

Here's the mayor:

View attachment 7444

And the city council:

View attachment 7445View attachment 7446View attachment 7447View attachment 7448View attachment 7449

LP, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I will. Your post was just terribly ignorant and a reflection of your incredible bias, and you weren't trying to pull wool over anyone's eyes.

Link

article said:
Buoyed by a higher-than-normal 30% turnout, two African-American candidates won their wards Tuesday night to make the six-member City Council 50% black. Ferguson's population of about 21,000 is 70% black, but the City Council was predominantly white, as is the police force.
Just in case the math is too hard here, the statement above indicates that 1 of the 6 members of the council was black when Brown was killed. The mayor is not of any race but white.

And this isn't to prove that the system put forth to ticket people in order to make money is race based. That would be a red herring.

The point is people were ticketed in an attempt to raise money. Blacks make up about two-thirds of the population of Ferguson. They put a couple numbers together. And they got tired of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...a-cried-begged-life-article-1.2582759?cid=msn
An unarmed man who was shot and killed by an Arizona police officer in January cried, complied with police orders and begged for his life before the fatal firing, according to a newly released police report.

Why are the police always targeting men anyways? They'll turn a blind eye to women in a heartbeat, as evidenced by how underrepresented they are. Cops are sexist!

Back
Top Bottom