• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The surprising results of the MH17 criminal investigation

Accident. They thought it was an Ukrainian troop transport or bomber. The rebels had shot down a couple of them already before.

I don't think anyone is accusing Russia for deliberately shooting down a passenger plane, although there are many who take it for granted that Ukraine for some reason would... :rolleyes:

No, you still aren't paying attention.
Some US intelligence analysts thought Ukrainian forces under the command of a rogue oligarch might have been trying to shoot down Putins plane which had similar markings.
Robert Parry's anonymous source says it, so it must be true. Let's throw out all the actual evidence then that contradicts it! :rolleyes:

Accident. They thought it was an Ukrainian troop transport or bomber. The rebels had shot down a couple of them already before.

I don't think anyone is accusing Russia for deliberately shooting down a passenger plane, although there are many who take it for granted that Ukraine for some reason would... :rolleyes:

Some US intelligence analysts thought Ukrainian forces under the command of a rogue oligarch might have been trying to shoot down Putins plane which had similar markings.

They may have been considering Kolmoyskyi who was one rogue oligarch with troops loyal to him in the vicinity

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfKZUttEwE[/YOUTUBE]

This doesn't pass the laugh test. They're identifying the markings on a plane 6 miles up and many, many miles downrange?

Robert Parry's anonymous source says it, so it must be true.

There are lots of honest men and women in American intelligence services. So yes it's likely that it is true. It's likely that American intelligence analysts considered more than one explanation.

Robert Parry's anonymous source says it, so it must be true.

There are lots of honest men and women in American intelligence services. So yes it's likely that it is true. It's likely that American intelligence analysts considered more than one explanation.
That does make sense. But it doesn't mean that the other explanations were true, or that Parry's source was honest about how they were presented.

That does make sense. But it doesn't mean that the other explanations were true, or that Parry's source was honest about how they were presented.
Right...so they probably did do it...but any report they did do it is probably not true...?

Right...so they probably did do it...but any report they did do it is probably not true...?
I meant considering other explanations when trying to figure out what happened does not mean those explanations are what really happened, or what the final conclusion was. If we assume that Parry's source did not make up being briefed by intelligence officials, he may still have misrepresented the briefing to Parry by making the alternative explanations seem more relevant than they actually were. Even Parry seemed unsure about it.

So I haven't really been following the MH-17 story primarily on account of the fact that I have ZERO fucks to give about Crimea, Ukraine or anything even peripherally relatd to them...

But I'm curious: why EXACTLY would Russia shoot down MH-17? What's the theory on what, if anything, that was supposed to accomplish?

They may have been considering Kolmoyskyi who was one rogue oligarch with troops loyal to him in the vicinity

[YOUTUBE]

Maybe barbo can find Will Wiley to help on his latest mission. Haven’t seen Wiley since early 2017 for some reason, here or at Metabunk.

Maybe he fucked up and had tea with Putin.

Back
Top Bottom