• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Talmud mentions Yeshu boiling in excrement in hell, is this Jesus? What does it mean?

Boiling shit. That's a new one. Hyperbole or does god really keep a pot of boiling shit at the ready?

Now that I that I think about it that would be a great punishment here on Earth for child abusers.

I'd guess it may be a colloquialism.

If I catch that guy I'll hang him from the tallest mast, or the tallest tree.

If I get n=my hands on that troublemaking kid of Joshua's I'll boil him in excrement!!!

Probably so, yet there are folks who believe similarly to this very day.... the proverbial excrement being swallowed rather than boiled.

I have seen videos of angry chimps flinging feces at each other. Must be universal.

It could mean to the OP ... having an old grudge or chip on ones shoulder , all because of what someone said to them, about them and their ways.

Don't limit this to the Talmud. The Bible is rich in fertilizer. What Bible Belt pastor hasn't used National Agriculture Week to base a sermon on Ezekiel 4, with God deliberating vocally on the merits of...well, let God do the talkin': "Very well, I will let you bake your bread over burning cow manure instead of human waste." (To be followed by a church potluck supper. YUMMM! Pass the cornbread, Dwayne.)

cow manure is great fuel once dried out. Call me strange, but it does not smell bad either... then again, the best smell in the world to me is leather and horse sweat.. go figure.

I've cleaned many a time the poultry house shoveling chicken manure, spreading out thinly in a dedicated area to dry out, selling a sack or two as fertilizer. That rhubarb you're eating was most likely nourished by poop.

Back
Top Bottom