• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Theramintrees video on the "special truth powers" claimed by theists

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
[video]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_%28API%29[/video]

Some Christians will insist that being Christian grants them special truth powers that allows them to magically know the truth and that non-Christians cannot perceive the truth because they are not Christian.

Since Muslim apologists generally crib from Christian apologists, I have no doubt they use the same argument, although I've yet to encounter it.

[video]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_%28API%29[/video]

Some Christians will insist that being Christian grants them special truth powers that allows them to magically know the truth and that non-Christians cannot perceive the truth because they are not Christian.

Since Muslim apologists generally crib from Christian apologists, I have no doubt they use the same argument, although I've yet to encounter it.
As interesting as the Mantle API is, I think you have given us the wrong link, here.

Is this the video?
[YOUTUBE]0YQfsyK9ois[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that's the video I meant to post. Sorry for the confusion. Obviously, I had the wrong thing in my clipboard. >.<

I can't imagine why would anyone believe in a religion which they knew to be lies. Therefore, if you believe in something, you ought to be seeing that as truth. Therefore, you are one of those who is capable of seeing the truth. Therefore, you're the one with the special powers.

If these claims were true, we could throw away all those lie detectors and use these magic Christians instead.

I can't imagine why would anyone believe in a religion which they knew to be lies. Therefore, if you believe in something, you ought to be seeing that as truth. Therefore, you are one of those who is capable of seeing the truth. Therefore, you're the one with the special powers.

If these claims were true, we could throw away all those lie detectors and use these magic Christians instead.

There isn't any difference between using a lie detector and using magic, since both are based on exactly the same amount of scientific evidence. Lie detectors are essentially a con job that works only if the person being tested believes that it works.

And the "special truth powers" thing is very different in religion, and the video in part covers why this is.

Back
Top Bottom