• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Third Presidential Debate

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
The time has come for third and final... well second... and final Presidential Debate. It is the first one since the last one before it.

Let's review the setup.

The location: The debate will take place on a stage. It is scheduled to begin at 9 PM and mercifully end around 10:30 PM, or approximately 40 minutes too late after people start gouging out their eyes.

The topics: While the moderator has a selection of topics including Covid and National Security, the actual topics will likely be whatever the fuck Trump wants to talk about, and that'll be about a non-existent hard drive of Hunter Biden.

The debate structure: Each candidate will be alloted two minutes with the opponent's microphone muted, where the candidate will address a number of pre-arranged talking points that at best will be adjacent to the actual question asked. Afterwards, the two candidates will bicker at and interrupt each other, presenting the lowest amount of possible information to the viewer in order to use to justify a vote for either candidate, though most likely enough evidence that the voter would be wasting their time. After 15 minutes, a piece of America will die inside and then the moderator will move to the next "topic".

How to watch and follow: DON'T!!! For the love all that is good and decent, you aren't going to benefit from this. Many of you already voted anyway... so use this time to spend with your families. Have sex with you loved special one(s). Just don't bother. Trump isn't going to outperform expectations and Biden has been doing this since his debates with Stephan Douglas in the 19th century. So you already know what is going to happen.

I doubt I will watch it, but I'm tempted to watch about 15 minutes of it for entertainment value. I've already voted and so have most of my friends. I heard this morning that Trump has been encouraged not to talk too much, in the hopes of Biden sounding incoherent. The Trumpers really do project too much. Do they not realize how incoherent Trump sounds every time he opens his mouth? I seriously doubt that Trump is capable of keeping his mouth shut. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to shout over Biden, even when his mike is muted. I can't imagine how any debate sways someone opinion. To me, they are a relic of the past.

I doubt I will watch it, but I'm tempted to watch about 15 minutes of it for entertainment value. I've already voted and so have most of my friends. I heard this morning that Trump has been encouraged not to talk too much, in the hopes of Biden sounding incoherent. The Trumpers really do project too much. Do they not realize how incoherent Trump sounds every time he opens his mouth? I seriously doubt that Trump is capable of keeping his mouth shut. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to shout over Biden, even when his mike is muted. I can't imagine how any debate sways someone opinion. To me, they are a relic of the past.

To someone who lives inside the Chinese room, he doesn't sound incoherent. To someone such as this, Biden actually sounds less sensible: he says fewer of the key words in orderings they have keyed to.

As a reminder, our Master Debater Series will be showing between 8 PM and 9 PM with Jeffrey Toobin and Rudolph Giuliani.

Trump isn't going to outperform expectations and Biden has been doing this since his debates with Stephan Douglas in the 19th century. So you already know what is going to happen.

And here I was thinking I wasn't going to drink tonight.

As a reminder, our Master Debater Series will be showing between 8 PM and 9 PM with Jeffrey Toobin and Rudolph Giuliani.

Funny you say that, I'll be watching the Borat sequel instead

To watch RJ, the master debater do his thing with a 15 year old (as far as he knows)?

Trump isn't going to outperform expectations and Biden has been doing this since his debates with Stephan Douglas in the 19th century. So you already know what is going to happen.

Got me a double shot of Jefferson Bourbon. Let's see if that's enough to get me through it!

Got me a double shot of Jefferson Bourbon. Let's see if that's enough to get me through it!

I just saw a bottle of that at the liquor store. Is it good? I like a bourbon with a lot of smoke.

Here's the topic of the day - Hunter, Ukraine, Russia. I expected Biden to mention his transparent prior tax returns(which he did) and Trump not having any released. Trump is just tossing out unsubstantiated accusations.

OK now the face palming begins. Trump switching to all of his complaints - tax audits, impeachment, investigations.

I just switched it on. The instant it came on Trump said "The spied on my campaign." I then turned it off.

Thank dog I'm not playing a drinking game.

Obamacare - Trump helped to eliminate the individual mandate - meaning a smaller pool of insured and less low cost insured people. More face palming -Trump says Biden wants to kill 180 million plans.

Biden - to be fair - yes people DID lose their plans - if they were the low cost, limited coverage plans. The ACA mandated plans similar to a typical employer funded plan.

Dammit - need more bourbon already!

As good as Kristen Welker has been (and she has), she is letting Trump talk more than Biden and he has the last word too many times. The last exchange on the Obama/Biden not doing more on justice reform is an example.

Back
Top Bottom