• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This is a generic brand video

A "generic brand" is a contradiction in terms. I see what they're trying to do with the ad, but I don't get what they're trying to do with the name.

That's bizarre. The video gives the impression that it is exposing the nature of subtle manipulation in advertising, but it's for a company that sells video clips for advertisers to use. hahaha

That's bizarre. The video gives the impression that it is exposing the nature of subtle manipulation in advertising, but it's for a company that sells video clips for advertisers to use. hahaha

That's what I took it to mean. The film isn't advertising anything.. well it is in an indirect way, but that's not its purpose. It was probably more like "here we'll give you these clips for free if you give us credit for them".

I've seen another interpretation of the video, an article that claimed the point of the video was at the lack of imagination in advertising. I don't agree. That article unsurprisingly came from linkedin.

Mostly, the video is left open to interpretation, but it seems to highlight the fact that most corporations do their best to give themselves a positive face, when it's all smoke and mirrors.

Mostly, the video is left open to interpretation, but it seems to highlight the fact that most corporations do their best to give themselves a positive face, when it's all smoke and mirrors.
Like the pointless BP and Exxon commercials. My favorite was for some nuclear power plant builder or manufacturer. Not quite sure which. Areva is the name.
Commercials that make you say WTF.

Back
Top Bottom