• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Toward a Judeo-Marxist biology

With the exception of “favored races,” whatever that is supposed to mean, the rest in your list is exactly what the evidence shows.

We,at least I, o by the demonstrable science.

Random mutations and selection by the environment. It can be seen and demonstrated on a small scale. Specialization can be observed on a small scale.

If a virus is aware acting consciously where is that consciousness and awareness?

Whenever I hear 'The Jews this or that...' I tend to tune it out as the usual cosprcay nnsense.

"Favoured races" comes from the full title of The Origin of Species ("On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.") It's a creationist canard that Darwin was talking about human races, but of course he was talking about groups of animals. He says very little about human races in the Origin. leaving that discussion for a later book.

So, was Darwin a racist? He might be considered one today, but he was an Abolitionist and by the standards of he own time was quite liberal.

"Favoured races" comes from the full title of The Origin of Species ("On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.") It's a creationist canard that Darwin was talking about human races, but of course he was talking about groups of animals. He says very little about human races in the {i]Origin{/i]. leaving that discussion for a later book.

So, was Darwin a racist? He would probably be considered one today, but he was an Abolitionist and by the standards of he own time was quite liberal.

Right, thanks. Darwin’s works have been widely twisted to support things like eugenics. We should also be wary of how certain other terms in evolutionary biology are misinterpreted, like “fitness” and “random.” The words have specific meanings that often are taken out of context.

We,at least I, o by the demonstrable science.

Random mutations and selection by the environment. It can be seen and demonstrated on a small scale. Specialization can be observed on a small scale.

If a virus is aware acting consciously where is that consciousness and awareness?

Whenever I hear 'The Jews this or that...' I tend to tune it out as the usual cosprcay nnsense.

Get some gardners catalogues. There are thousands of varieties of tomatoes. Peppers, strawberries, melons and on and on. Evolution in action. We grow the most useful mutants.

Evolution, like gravity, is a fixed process.
That rather depends on what is meant by "fixed".

]It is determined, conscious and realizes specific goals and ends.
No it isn't, no it isn't, and no it doesn't.

Your comments on evolution demonstrate an abject lack of knowledge about evolution. It's like watching a three year old try to explain how an aeroplane works.

In the 90s I rad about a pfod fessor given a frant to delop shipping retnat tomteos. He rolled tomatoes down a rough hill and breed the ones with the least bruising.

Or developing salt water resistant plants. Grow plants in salt water and breed the ones that do best.

But that s not natural selctin.

Watched a show n Hawaii and vulcanism.

In large lava flows through a green area holes can develop where lava goes around a green section. The result is isolated patches of plants and insects. It was said speciation could be observed with insect populations that were noew broken off and isolated.

The evolution objectors, it sappers atheist as well as theist, have to explain al lthe human offshoots that exist today and can interbreed. Wheter all human variations had a common ancestor or all human variations somehow winked into existence all by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom