• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Travel pictures.

Because of their condition, I've been reluctant to post pictures of some of the street beggars. I normally ask permission to take a photo.

I'll just post one as an example. This is bad, but not the worst.

IMG_0835.JPG

The sheer number of tourists in Winter, St Marco square;

IMG_1144.JPG

Parthenon;

Photo0925.jpg

Mt Olympus from Thessaloniki waterfront, normally shrouded in clouds;IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

Thanks for posting. If it doesn't slip my mind I'll share some of mine from over the years in the next couple days.

Cocoa Beach (east coast of Florida), 17'

17951787_10154563213602194_1787978234266661211_n.jpg

On a patio in Greenwich Village, New York City, 15'

11536101_10152980307427194_2798112024373801502_n.jpg

At the Village Vanguard in NYC, same night

11377210_10152980308142194_4485294651488660380_n.jpg

University of East Anglia campus (Norwich UK) during my study abroad, 05'

4164_85556332193_6315252_n.jpg

Havana, Cuba, 10'

28630_391366032193_5353927_n.jpg

Reactions: DBT

View attachment 16121

If the date on the image is correct, that was during Easter week.

Here is San Marco Sq in November 2013.

Venice.jpg

It wasn't Easter. That happened while I was in Croatia, then again in Thessaloníki (Greek Orthodox), two Easters during that trip....however, November looks good. I have been thinking of going in mid November next time. Your post settles it.

I thought Easter was on the same day, at least for most Christina sects? It's the advent, like for seventh day Adventists versus baptists that is different, and in much of Europe Santa Claus Day is different to Xmas.

(Side note: I actually love that spellcheck thinks it's wrong to not privilege the different sects or religions by trying to say they need be capitalized. They don't, people do it out of misplaced respect for bad ideas and/or scary/delusional people).

I thought Easter was on the same day, at least for most Christina sects? It's the advent, like for seventh day Adventists versus baptists that is different, and in much of Europe Santa Claus Day is different to Xmas.

(Side note: I actually love that spellcheck thinks it's wrong to not privilege the different sects or religions by trying to say they need be capitalized. They don't, people do it out of misplaced respect for bad ideas and/or scary/delusional people).

Greek Orthodox is on a different weekend to Catholic Easter;

''Greece is slowly but surely edging closer to Easter — a religious occasion celebrated here with more gusto than in many other Western Christian countries.

Unlike most European nations, which will celebrate on April 1, Greece will adhere to the Orthodox Easter, which falls early this year — April 8.

Orthodox Churches still use the Julian calendar for Easter, meaning there can be a 13-day lag behind the Gregorian.

So, for example, on Mount Athos — an autonomous religious state in northern Greece under the protection of Athens — is it always 13 days behind the rest of Europe.''

So I happened to strike two Easters on two consecutive weekends. Which wasn't good for travelers such as myself.

Come to think of it, the first Easter may have been in Croatia, then Thessaloníki....too much has happened since.

Oh. I didn't know there was an orthodox as well as the gregorian one.

Figures, though, since each denomination has a different take on stupid, I mean faith and how to observe it. heh heh

Reactions: DBT

View attachment 16121

If the date on the image is correct, that was during Easter week.

Here is San Marco Sq in November 2013.

Venice.jpg

It wasn't Easter. That happened while I was in Croatia, then again in Thessaloníki (Greek Orthodox), two Easters during that trip....however, November looks good. I have been thinking of going in mid November next time. Your post settles it.

Hopefully the end of September is bearable, but likely not.

We're getting in during the last span of good weather in the Greek Isles. (Rome first)

Red-footed Booby in the Mangroves, Galapagos Islands:

DSC00330.JPG

OK, cue the titty jokes.

Drove to Wyoming to see Devil'e Tower. Learned some geology. Met no aliens.

tower.jpg

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Drove to Wyoming to see Devil'e Tower. Learned some geology. Met no aliens.

tower.jpg

Were you expecting to meet aliens??

Do people who go to Devil's Tower usually expect to meet aliens there?

Is this one of those "legend" things like Area51?

Back
Top Bottom