• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

True-Xtian Tanzania Governor: Citizens Must Report Gays to be Arrested or God Will Be Mad

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
Can't you just feel that xtian love....

Paul Makonda, the governor of a major city in Tanzania called Dar es Salaam is demanding that citizens snitch on suspected homosexuals (he said, “Give me their names”) as part of his crackdown on the existence of gay people. The move comes more than a year after the president of the country said “even cows disapprove of” homosexuality.

Makonda rules over the economic capital of the East African country, where same-sex acts between men can be punishable with a life sentence. That effectively makes his new decree a witch hunt by another name.

“I have information about the presence of many homosexuals in our province,” Paul Makonda told reporters on Monday, calling on citizens to begin reporting homosexuals for round-ups to begin next week.”

I’m not even gay, yet I’m terrified by this language.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...eport-gays-to-be-arrested-or-god-will-be-mad/

I was in Dar Es Salaam over the summer. We went to the beach but couldn't use it because the city doesn't have a sanitation department to pick things up, so everyone threw their trash into the river and it flowed out into the ocean and the tide brought it in to cover the beach with rotting garbage. After I got back, there was a news report that the owner of the hotel where this beach was got arrested for arson because he set the place on fire to try and get insurance money due to no guests wanting to come there.

That doesn't even get to the poverty, crime and lack of infrastructure.

The mayor and other people in the city have 3,456 more urgent matters to attend to before they have time to worry about who's sticking their dicks where.

Back
Top Bottom