• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump allies made a ‘flurry’ of suspicious money transfers after Don Jr met with Russians: report

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
The evidence is everywhere......

The June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower has become one of the most famous gatherings in American political history: a flashpoint for allegations of collusion, the subject of shifting explanations by the president and his son, countless hair-on-fire tweets, and boundless speculation by the press.

But secret documents reviewed by BuzzFeed News reveal a previously undisclosed aspect of the meeting: a complex web of financial transactions among some of the planners and participants who moved money from Russia and Switzerland to the British Virgin Islands, Bangkok, and a small office park in New Jersey.

The documents show Aras Agalarov, a billionaire real estate developer close to both Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, at the center of this vast network and how he used accounts overseas to filter money to himself, his son, and at least two people who attended the Trump Tower meeting. The records also offer new insight into the murky financial world inhabited by many of Trump’s associates, who use shell companies and secret bank accounts to quickly and quietly move money across the globe.

Now, four federal law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed News, investigators are focused on two bursts of transactions that bank examiners deemed suspicious: one a short time after the meeting and another immediately after the November 2016 presidential election.

The first set came just 11 days after the June 9 meeting, when an offshore company controlled by Agalarov wired more than $19.5 million to his account at a bank in New York.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ower-meeting-suspicious-transactions-agalarov

Why is this story being 'broken' by Buzzfeed? Not to go all fake news, but it seems like this is either a major leak, or there's some conclusions being jumped to here. Presumably, Mueller's team would already be all over this?

Why is this story being 'broken' by Buzzfeed? Not to go all fake news, but it seems like this is either a major leak, or there's some conclusions being jumped to here. Presumably, Mueller's team would already be all over this?

What would lead you to believe they aren’t? Mueller’s team has been leak-free.

What would lead you to believe they aren’t? Mueller’s team has been leak-free.
I agreed with WorldTraveller having read the quote. Having read the article, I am quite surprised at the detail that BuzzFeed has... but the detail is still there. This must have taken a month, at least, to write.

What surprises me is the apparent shock people get when Buzzfeed posts bombshells like this; the fact is, while they have a thriving click bait mill, they use that to subsidize a fairly high quality journalism team. They are one of the last media orgs that actually still engages in such high quality journalism. But that doesn't pay the bills like click bait does.

What surprises me is the apparent shock people get when Buzzfeed posts bombshells like this; the fact is, while they have a thriving click bait mill, they use that to subsidize a fairly high quality journalism team. They are one of the last media orgs that actually still engages in such high quality journalism. But that doesn't pay the bills like click bait does.

Well said! BF has some of the best journalists around working for them, or contributing material. Journalism takes time and energy to do well, and folks need to be paid. BF has even been in the finalists for a Pulitzer. My wife is a fairly well known Wall St Journal reporter and author, and rates buzzFeed highly.

Clickbait pays the bills.

I agree that the article seems well researched and written. I was pretty much off the internet and watched no TV during the last 5-6 days. Is this story getting any traction?

I agree that the article seems well researched and written. I was pretty much off the internet and watched no TV during the last 5-6 days. Is this story getting any traction?

Not in the MSM, but I bet it's on Mueller's front burner.

Back
Top Bottom