• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump-backed postmaster general plans to slow mail delivery

Is that an ACTUAL Trump quote??? I'm not being sarcastic, and I'm not being naive about the man. However, I just tried to google it several different ways and couldn't find it. I searched under the first ten words of the quote, as given above, and under 'trump says he'll shut down post office on hannity show'...haven't found a match.
I've learned not to underestimate Trump's immorality, stupidity, and criminality. He always manages to scuttle yet lower. But this quote is so evil that I wanted to read it in a larger context. (I'm still trying to process the spectacle of him hawking cookies and beans at his Presidential desk -- thought for sure that was photo-shopped.) How are Americans of the future going to believe this stuff?

Is that an ACTUAL Trump quote??? I'm not being sarcastic, and I'm not being naive about the man. However, I just tried to google it several different ways and couldn't find it. I searched under the first ten words of the quote, as given above, and under 'trump says he'll shut down post office on hannity show'...haven't found a match.
I've learned not to underestimate Trump's immorality, stupidity, and criminality. He always manages to scuttle yet lower. But this quote is so evil that I wanted to read it in a larger context. (I'm still trying to process the spectacle of him hawking cookies and beans at his Presidential desk -- thought for sure that was photo-shopped.) How are Americans of the future going to believe this stuff?

Pretty sure it is a fake. There is no show or entity called "Sean Hannity Radio". His shows are The Sean Hannity Show (a radio show on Premiere Networks) and Hannity on Fox News.

USPS are pretty shit. I've been waiting since July 27th for a small package from Florida. The package has been in Sacramento for two days. USPS blame staff shortages due to Covid. Even the regular mail service is spotty, at least once a week we get no delivery.

USPS are pretty shit. I've been waiting since July 27th for a small package from Florida. The package has been in Sacramento for two days. USPS blame staff shortages due to Covid. Even the regular mail service is spotty, at least once a week we get no delivery.

That is what Trump intended when he installed the new, wholly unqualified, Postmaster General. That is exactly what this thread is here to inform you of.

You mean you get no mail once a week?

The idea that the USPS is shit because you have one package that meandering your is kind of shortsighted analysis.

You mean you get no mail once a week?

Our office building get no mail at least once a week. There are probably 20 businesses in this building and I would assume our building isn't the only place it affects. And as I said, USPS said this was due to staff shortages, Covid and all that.

The idea that the USPS is shit because you have one package that meandering your is kind of shortsighted analysis.

That's just one example of a few complaints I have recently, even pre Covid.

I've submitted it to Snopes for verification.
It is doubtful, it is too over-the-top... which granted is much more over-the-top than what it used to be when calling our false quotes.

- RIGGED 2020 ELECTION: MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WILL BE PRINTED BY FOREIGN COUNTRIES, AND OTHERS. IT WILL BE THE SCANDAL OF OUR TIMES!

- They are dying, it’s true. But it is what it is. It’s under control as much as you can control it.

- Kim and I measured our dicks in private. His is pretty long, but mine is a little bit bigger.

This is also anecdotal, but it does give me pause since it just started happening a couple of months ago. My paycheck is mailed on Friday by my boss. It is mailed from our regional USPS service center city, which is where our main office is located. That is about 60 miles from my home.

Until recently, I virtually always received my check on Saturday with a Friday postmark. However in the past few weeks it has not arrived until sometime between Monday and Wednesday of the following week. The postmark on the envelope has varied between Friday and Saturday - and sometimes the postmark does not show our regional service center but instead has another service center's identification. I know for a fact that it was mailed from the same location in both cases since my boss has been home bound due to ongoing treatment after laser surgery. If it was just once that this occurred I wouldn't think much about it and just attribute it to a sorting error, but it has happened almost half the time.

I am not sure what to think about this. Since this is about the only important thing I receive via snail mail I don't have much to base a comparison on, but it definitely makes me at least consider the idea that something underhanded is happening.

Ruth

Two days in a row we have not had any mail delivered to our building. According to the USPS tracking, my package is in a facility in Los Angeles.

So that's a package that was shipped July 25th from Florida still not delivered to Los Angeles, CA.

This is also anecdotal, but it does give me pause since it just started happening a couple of months ago. My paycheck is mailed on Friday by my boss. It is mailed from our regional USPS service center city, which is where our main office is located. That is about 60 miles from my home.

Until recently, I virtually always received my check on Saturday with a Friday postmark. However in the past few weeks it has not arrived until sometime between Monday and Wednesday of the following week. The postmark on the envelope has varied between Friday and Saturday - and sometimes the postmark does not show our regional service center but instead has another service center's identification. I know for a fact that it was mailed from the same location in both cases since my boss has been home bound due to ongoing treatment after laser surgery. If it was just once that this occurred I wouldn't think much about it and just attribute it to a sorting error, but it has happened almost half the time.

I am not sure what to think about this. Since this is about the only important thing I receive via snail mail I don't have much to base a comparison on, but it definitely makes me at least consider the idea that something underhanded is happening.

Ruth

This has been going on here for some time now. I'm signed up for their service that tells me what to expect in the mailbox--before Covid it was basically 100% accurate. Now it's nowhere near that--I still get the stuff but often not on the day the e-mail says it should come..

Two days in a row we have not had any mail delivered to our building. According to the USPS tracking, my package is in a facility in Los Angeles.

So that's a package that was shipped July 25th from Florida still not delivered to Los Angeles, CA.

Aren't you happy that Trump's plan to sow doubt on the election results is working? I mean, isn't it worth it to have your mail delivery delayed indefinitely so that your fascist hero can get 4+ more years in office?

'Friday Night Massacre' at US Postal Service as Postmaster General—a Major Trump Donor—Ousts Top Officials

"America is in a dead sprint to authoritarianism. The man is pulling out all the stops to prevent the citizens of this country from holding a legitimate election in which he might face removal from office."

Government watchdogs, Democratic lawmakers, and pro-democracy advocates declared it a "Friday Night Massacre" for the U.S. Postal Service after news broke in a classic end-of-the-week dump that Louis DeJoy—a major GOP donor to President Donald Trump and the recently appointed Postmaster General—had issued a sweeping overhaul of the agency, including the ouster of top executives from key posts and the reshuffling of more than two dozen other officials and operational managers.

The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections.

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.

Aren't you happy that Trump's plan to sow doubt on the election results is working? I mean, isn't it worth it to have your mail delivery delayed indefinitely so that your fascist hero can get 4+ more years in office?

Trump is not my hero.

Well that's just perfect, the package is out for deliver today. The building is closed on a Saturday.

I thought they were telling us that mail-in voting was corrupt and fraudulent?

117309585_10157613009602939_1572347380036709888_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom