• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump cries treason, suggests Civil War

Many of those very fine people still worship Confederate monuments. So a Civil War is already part of the theme.

If a civil war is "declared" (how does that work?).. then does that mean it is no longer illegal to shoot someone on the "other side" (whatever that means)? Like, if they are enemy combatants? Can I fight in defense of America and our Constitution via violent acts against those that declare themselves on the "other side"?

If a civil war is "declared" (how does that work?).. then does that mean it is no longer illegal to shoot someone on the "other side" (whatever that means)? Like, if they are enemy combatants? Can I fight in defense of America and our Constitution via violent acts against those that declare themselves on the "other side"?

Yeah, we'll just make it up as we go along, we're great again now by golly.

At least they'll be easy to identify.

IMG_7029.jpg

At least they'll be easy to identify.

View attachment 24163

That and the tiki torches.

No, because the declaration itself would be an illegal act. That's what the first civil war was about.

As always, Trump's rhetoric is directly proportional to how much trouble he's in. As this gets worse, he'll go ever more off the deep end.

Shouldn't threatening civil war be another article of impeachment?

The US Civil War wasn't a declared war. Except in the sense that on Jul 25, 1861 Congress enacted a resolution declaring that the Civil War was being fought to preserve the Union, not to abolish the South's "peculiar institution" of slavery. But if you want some idea of how it would work think in terms of the Yugoslavian Civil War, 1991-1999. Long time neighbors suddenly having the desire to slaughter each other.

Back
Top Bottom