• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Declares Martial Law

<sigh> Buddy, you don't need to fear muslim terrorists! You have a much greater odds of dying while shooting a selfie than you do from a Muslim terrorist.

I think you misread my post. What would you do if Trump suspended Habeas Corpus and then started going after Muslims?

He doesn't go after you because you are a real 'Merican.

SLD

I'm not saying this cannot happen, because with the Trump presidency, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

And certainly, his using Twitter to push for his Muslim ban in the wake of the U.K. terrorist attack does not speak well of him as he seems to have been exploiting the news of the terror attack as an opportunity to make himself "great" again and win himself support for the ban presently deemed unconstitutional.

However, let's remember that we have a lot of decent Americans in this country. For example, with the Muslim ban that was not a Muslim ban, I have never been more prouder of the legal profession than I was when lawyers went to the airport without any expectation of pay and with the intention to act to protect the constitutional rights of Muslim Americans.

My greatest concern instead are the die-hard supporters of Trump presidency among Republican Americans who seem to be happy to ignore facts and seem to possess animus against liberals, Muslims, Jews, undocumented immigrants, blacks, Hispanics, and anyone else who seem to not want narrow self-interests to prevail. This is far more concerning to me because the Trump presidency could not have existed in a culture that had not jettisoned its conscientious gravitas and self-reflection. And I feel that should matters get to the point of Congress readying itself to begin impeachment proceedings that will likely succeed against President Trump, these same supporters, driven by Fox News and Infowars and conservative news outlets and conspiracy blogs and sites, might not hesitate to take to the streets to bring "war" to any persons perceived to be liberals to swift justice with the intention to both preserve both his presidency and win the day for Western civilization. I am afraid that President Trump doesn't have to declare marital law to save the day in the wake of terrorism or even impeachment proceedings, because one motion of his finger on Twitter might be enough to mobilize the mobbish people that almost adoringly worship him.

Peace.

Oh, you would still go alone. You likely won't even hear the drone that kills you, much less see it.

The Iraqi army was fairly well supplied with small arms and ammo when the US and her allies invaded. The invaders suffered more self-inflicted casualties than casualties due to enemy action.

A bunch of guys with guns and the myth of the Second Amendment, vs the US Army? The army will hardly notice your heroic last stand. They certainly won't be unduly inconvenienced by it.

That's almost exactly what I said. I said, "I'd die. Probably pretty fast, and likely without much effect at all."

But I would take some of them with me first. What, you think I'd stand on my roof firing bullets into the air until they came and got me? You think I'd put up posts on Facebook announcing my intention to engage in armed resistance on May 1 at 5:30 at the intersection of State and Main?

Give me at least some credit.

Me too. but I with no doubt would take more of them than dwell within my household... And while I am not a military-trained soldier, I'm no idiot.... I know how to protect myself and not present an easy target. It would take a "second wave" for anyone to gain entry into my home. They can wait until everyone is asleep (now why would we all sleep at the same time?).. but, again, we are talking about a state of the nation where the military / police is murdering people in their sleep, apparently.. you think I would be some "lone-wolf" facing such a situation? ridiculous. There would be factions of our military fighting alongside me... and I would help arm and defend them.

- - - Updated - - -

... I am with Opopanax. Any unconstitutional actions by our government that infringes my physical rights (of movement and of property) would be addressed by me with extreme defensive violence. Any attempt at unwarranted entry into my home would end in certain death... hopefully of the invaders. I too am defensively armed.. with nearly unlimited ammo, as I reload my own shells... and I have probably over 1,000 rounds worth of raw material in my basement ready to go... not to mention my rifled arms (for which my ammo is limited).

That said, and I have said this before, I am of the opinion that our military would never take such extreme orders. I respect our military and (most of) our police force. the very few that might comply with an order to attack the populace would be shot... of this I have little doubt.

That's a pleasant daydream. One person with a rifle in a house against a literal army or law enforcement agency?

Best-case scenario is that they just wait for you to fall asleep before entering and grabbing you. Pretty much anything else involves you getting hurt - gassed, shot, blown up, whatever. Slim chance any soldiers even get bruised. They aren't going to stand on Main St and challenge you to a duel - fair fights are for suckers.

After they ransack your house and murder your family, can I have your stuff?

... I am with Opopanax. Any unconstitutional actions by our government that infringes my physical rights (of movement and of property) would be addressed by me with extreme defensive violence. Any attempt at unwarranted entry into my home would end in certain death... hopefully of the invaders. I too am defensively armed.. with nearly unlimited ammo, as I reload my own shells... and I have probably over 1,000 rounds worth of raw material in my basement ready to go... not to mention my rifled arms (for which my ammo is limited).

That said, and I have said this before, I am of the opinion that our military would never take such extreme orders. I respect our military and (most of) our police force. the very few that might comply with an order to attack the populace would be shot... of this I have little doubt.

But what if they don't come after you? If Trump did this it would be under the guise of protecting us. The ones who would have to fear would be Muslims. You say you'd defend yourself. Fine. But what of others?

This has happened once before. Lincoln did it. And did it while ignoring Supreme Court orders. Yet we consider him to be our greatest President.

SLD

So if soldiers or police showed up at your door because they wanted to search your house for Muslims (you see, they got an anonymous tip that you were hiding Muslims), you would let them in and offer them coffee while they ripped apart your closets and broke holes into your walls, while holding your children at gunpoint? I suppose you would offer them a bottle of water while your wife gets "interrogated" by them all for a few days while they camp out in your daughter's bedroom, waiting for her to finally tell the truth about where you are hiding the contraband / illegals.

I'm not saying this cannot happen, because with the Trump presidency, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

And certainly, his using Twitter to push for his Muslim ban in the wake of the U.K. terrorist attack does not speak well of him as he seems to have been exploiting the news of the terror attack as an opportunity to make himself "great" again and win himself support for the ban presently deemed unconstitutional.

However, let's remember that we have a lot of decent Americans in this country.
And Germany had a bunch of decent Germans and the South had a bunch of decent Americans. They aren't the issue.

The issue are the angry millions of Trump supporters who are upset over an entirely hyperbolized view of the world, the nation, and liberals. They are waiting to be told to go out and enstill "law and order". They are armed, they are angry, they suffer from a level of nearly unprecedented misinformation, and they don't give a fuck about what the truth is because they have their gut feeling.

The AM Radio has been raging about a single party Government since '08. And some of these people feel like they are so close.

But what if they don't come after you? If Trump did this it would be under the guise of protecting us. The ones who would have to fear would be Muslims. You say you'd defend yourself. Fine. But what of others?

This has happened once before. Lincoln did it. And did it while ignoring Supreme Court orders. Yet we consider him to be our greatest President.

SLD

So if soldiers or police showed up at your door because they wanted to search your house for Muslims (you see, they got an anonymous tip that you were hiding Muslims), you would let them in and offer them coffee while they ripped apart your closets and broke holes into your walls, while holding your children at gunpoint? I suppose you would offer them a bottle of water while your wife gets "interrogated" by them all for a few days while they camp out in your daughter's bedroom, waiting for her to finally tell the truth about where you are hiding the contraband / illegals.

WTF?

SLD

First, they came for the Muslims and I said nothing because I was not one of them.
Then, they came for my wife and I made sure they stayed hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom