• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Digs In

Well, last time he felt he had to hide in the WH, when we butthurt him with enough mockery he decided to desecrate a church and audition for Antichrist.

I'm not 100% convinced he won't make a play for the football and burn the world down this time.
It's not as automatic as the movies make it out to be. There's a general who's going to ask, 'Drop the nukes? On who, sir? In response to what?' To prevent any atrocities.
Also, if it's not a reaction to someone else's aggression, if we just throw bombs out of the blue, there will be a response from....everybody. so our forces need to be on a proper footing to be ready. It'll take time. And it won't be terribly secret.
I mean, i don't know if Trump will alert Congress or the Democrats in Congress that we are at war, but every stripper near an Army or Navy base will know the DEFCON shift within ten minutes..
Every WalMart cashier in Norfolk will know what ships got pushed to sea early....
Every bartender in Silverdale or Kings Bay will be able to discuss the target packages being transmitted to the subs.....

You are assuming something here, though I know you have some subject matter expertise: if his goal is to just watch the world burn, it's as simple as launching a single nuke at literally anyone, anywhere. Then everything else just starts happening. Once the fuse is lit, there's no putting it out.

The question is, are there any nukes that alre already aimed at something, and not operated by a soldier who would refuse the order (and accept all consequences of doing so)?

Hitler only killed himself in that bunker. Twitler could kill literally everyone else in the world who doesn't have a fallout shelter.

You are assuming something here, though I know you have some subject matter expertise: if his goal is to just watch the world burn, it's as simple as launching a single nuke at literally anyone, anywhere.
Yes, but the other people in the chain would have to all want the world to burn if Trump can't have it.

Then everything else just starts happening. Once the fuse is lit, there's no putting it out.
Which is why we haved developed the procedures we have. Including a guy to stop any atrocities. That's pretty much his entire job.
The question is, are there any nukes that alre already aimed at something, and not operated by a soldier who would refuse the order (and accept all consequences of doing so)?
No. The president is not the sole person on the decision. No one else can make the decision w/out him (or the VP if Trump chokes on a Big Mac), but he can't just order a nuke without justifying it to someone who is familiar with Nuremberg.

And all nukes are released/bypassed by the same chain.

Yes, but the other people in the chain would have to all want the world to burn if Trump can't have it.

Which is why we haved developed the procedures we have. Including a guy to stop any atrocities. That's pretty much his entire job.
No. The president is not the sole person on the decision. No one else can make the decision w/out him (or the VP if Trump chokes on a Big Mac), but he can't just order a nuke without justifying it to someone who is familiar with Nuremberg.

And all nukes are released/bypassed by the same chain.

That's fairly comforting at least, that his cheeto stained hands are not the only ones on the apocalypse trigger. Well, here's to being thankful over how badly he offended the entirety of the military brass out of ever even partially entertaining him on that front.

Though part of me is still worried over whatever else he thinks he can tear/burn/explode/sign to the ground.

What I fear is if he is re-elected, he'll get this idea that his behavior is Presidential and go even further!

Though part of me is still worried over whatever else he thinks he can tear/burn/explode/sign to the ground.
yeah, he's definitely either going to go 'scorched earth' on his way out -OR- he'll tell Biden, promise me a pardon or else i'll go scorched earth on the way out and blame you!.

What I fear is if he is re-elected, he'll get this idea that his behavior is Presidential and go even further!
Oh, no, Collins assured us he would not take a total lact of restraint on his actions as a validation of everything he's ever done. He's surely learned his lesson by the closeness of his election.....

I don't think that he's risk his hotels, office buildings and golf courses getting hit. And 1290 Avenue of the Americas in Manhattan would be huge target.

Back
Top Bottom