• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Is Impeached.

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Trump has just been officially impeached in the house on two articles. Pelosi has just announced the votes affirming impeachment on these two articles and has adjourned the House until 9:00 PM.

Will there be some specific policies and actions that the Republicans will force Trump to implement to keep their votes against removal from office?

Now they has the best leverage.

More troops deployed, more treaties, less tariffs and so on...

Will there be some specific policies and actions that the Republicans will force Trump to implement to keep their votes against removal from office?

I do not know. The Senate, in a bipartisan vote has just sanctioned Russia again for it's recent activities. Opposed by Trump. Maybe Trumpism is not totally triumphed yet. Stay tuned.

It's early days. I'm sure given time there will be an excuse to blame it on the joos.

I do not know. The Senate, in a bipartisan vote has just sanctioned Russia again for it's recent activities. Opposed by Trump. Maybe Trumpism is not totally triumphed yet. Stay tuned.
What are you talking about?
Last thing I heard from Senate was sanctioning Gazprom and everything around it.
Are you saying that it was abuse of power by Senate which would give Russia excuse to get involved into US politics?

McConnell has said that the Senate trial is already decided. He's coordinating with the White House, he'll have the full support of his fellow GOP Senators, and if he had the power he simply wouldn't bring the issue to a vote in the Senate.

Nothing on the GOP side will change legislatively. Mitch will - as he's done thus far - kill every bill he doesn't feel like bringing up, will continue to expedite judicial appointments, and treat the impeachment like it's a nuisance to his power.

He's already said to Trump "Mr. President, now that your impeachment is over, what would you like to do next?"

It's early days. I'm sure given time there will be an excuse to blame it on the joos.

orenthal-james-simpson-9484729-1-402.jpg

Fascinating - Tulsi Gabbard voted "present" on both articles according to CNN. Nice to a presidential candidate take such a brave stance.

Trump has just been officially impeached in the house on two articles. Pelosi has just announced the votes affirming impeachment on these two articles and has adjourned the House until 9:00 PM.

That and $3 will get you coffee at Starbucks.

Given that the Senate will not vote to convict, this is just so much political theater (of the absurd).

No presidential impeachment has ever resulted in conviction.

Johnson was put on the trivia page of presidents.

The only one who would have been forced out had there been a vote, Nixon, resigned rather suffer it.

Clinton left a stain on his paramore's dress and covered that up which became a real political farce and he ws at 68% approval at the end of his term.

Trump tries to be public about what he did calculating that no one cares about whether one lies or not in private or public and tries to cover that up. He has been cited and he's guaranteed to be in the history books. Couldn't happen to a more pathetic narcissist. Congratulations Mr. Self declared greatest president ever.

Derec I've now followed three impeachments as an over 30 adult. The only one that was political farce was Clinton. The only one who played the clown is Trump.

This is so under his skin that he'll drip with rage all through the campaign. He's already so tarred the Republican party that they won't stand a chance even though the economy will probably not go in to recession until after the Democrat wins presidency.

After Bolton and others speak out, and I'm pretty certain they will, can you imagine the derisive laughter that will result when Trump says at a presidential debate that his impeachment was fake news.

By the time of the election the word will be so out there that Trump is a traitor and and a crook that those who support him now will have abandoned him trying to save their political lives. The country isn't going to forget that Republicans probably ruined Obamacare so there's that as well. And you'd better hope the USSC doesn't trash Roe V Wade because women will start a revolution. Independents love country and patriotism, healthcare, and abortion rights.

Given that the Senate will not vote to convict, this is just so much political theater (of the absurd).

It isn't just political theater. Whether or not Trump is convicted in the Senate--which remains to be seen--it was,in my opinion, and the opinions of millions of others, that it was imperative to bring forward articles of impeachment. Trump's blatant violation of his oath of office and of the constitution cannot and should not stand. Even if the Senate does not do the right thing and convict Trump, it is important that those who have power to do the right thing actually do the right thing instead of handwaving cowardice.

It isn't just political theater. Whether or not Trump is convicted in the Senate--which remains to be seen--it was,in my opinion, and the opinions of millions of others, that it was imperative to bring forward articles of impeachment. Trump's blatant violation of his oath of office and of the constitution cannot and should not stand. Even if the Senate does not do the right thing and convict Trump, it is important that those who have power to do the right thing actually do the right thing instead of handwaving cowardice.

I think Derec's "theater of the absurd" is pretty accurate. It's like a Tom Clancy novel, except that it's real. The intriguing part is how republicans will not break ranks in the face of such obvious criminal behavior. I really don't know what they're afraid of, other than losing their jobs for being honest.

I do believe, like most here, that Trump abused power. However, Democrats made a mistake by seeking to impeach Trump literally ever since he took office.
The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun
And who can forget "impeach the motherfucker" rant by Rashida Tlaib?

So now it looks like a partisan witch hunt no matter the facts.

I think you miss the point of this. Whether or not Trump is found guilty is not as relevant as the effects this may have on election campaigns, and on how Trump reacts. It seems to me that Trump is one or two steps away from going "postal".

I think you miss the point of this. Whether or not Trump is found guilty is not as relevant as the effects this may have on election campaigns, and on how Trump reacts. It seems to me that Trump is one or two steps away from going "postal".

Going postal? Like Son of Sam?

I do believe, like most here, that Trump abused power. However, Democrats made a mistake by seeking to impeach Trump literally ever since he took office.

This is not true. Though a very few Democrats tried to get impeachment started, that was voted down three times, overwhelming by Democrats as well as Republicans. Trump was treated more than fairly up until the whistle blow came forward.

https://twitter.com/JFNYC1/status/1207509426900471808

She just has a peppy personality.

My favorite part of this is that the party that impeached President Clinton for lying about a consensual sexual affair while under oath, is saying the Democrats have weaponized impeachment.

Seeing as how the dems were itching for something to impeach him for, don't you think it was monumentally stupid of trump to do something so egregious he can be impeached for it?

Back
Top Bottom