• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is starting to deliver

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Some awesome news!

Ford is NOT going to move production to Mexico now: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sa...-023323315--finance.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index
As the late Jackie Gleason would say....."How Sweet It Is!" I see a big win for the US middle class.... and Trump has not even taken the office yet.

Since November 8, United States Steel stock has gone from 20 to 28, or nearly a 30% rise since the Hillary defeat (only about 10 days). So if you had $100k invested in US steel on November 8 you are $30k richer today for it. Furthermore, I don't think it is done rising yet. There is nothing more middle class than US Steel. Whats good for the steel workers is good for the US too. Apple in talks to bringing production of iphone back to the US too: http://www.northcrane.com/2016/11/1...-in-talks-of-moving-manufacturing-to-the-usa/

I can not fully explain why. But since November 8, Bank of America stock has also risen 15% in those 10 days.

Before the election, I would have predicted the US would be going into another recession in the near future. Not something I would place any blame to either candidate but according to the economic cycle, it just seemed like we were due again. But now I am beginning to wonder about that too. If we don't have another recession, I think that will be a good problem to have. We may very well be seeing a US renaissance or at least a turn of the tide.

Trump is starting to deliver.

Yahoo link in OP said:
But Ford has repeatedly said it has no plans to close any U.S. plants and likely could not do so under the terms of the current United Auto Workers contract that expires in 2019.

This is not the first time Trump's comments about Ford production have been called into question. Last year, he took credit for Ford moving work from Mexico to Ohio, while the automaker had already made the decision in 2011 - long before Trump announced a run for president.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/steel-production

:innocent1:

Deepak, the point is that the stock market anticipates what the market will do in the future. And they are predicting 30% higher. What you posted is performance of US Steel under Obama. Trump has not even taken the office yet.

I... I can't tell if it's satire.
Everything that was said in the OP is true. Why would you have cause to think it was satire?

Whether you like it or not 50% of the voters wanted Trump, including many women and non whites. They wanted him for the economy and I think they were right.

Trump says the cars aren't going south.

Trump says a lot of things that aren't true.

It wouldn't be unprecedented.

A controversial Republican loses the popular vote but wins the electoral college over a milquetoast leftover of the Clinton years.

Said Republican promises to deregulate everything, lower taxes on the "job creators" and pull us back from being the world's policeman.

His running mate is smarter than him but sinister, poised to become a very powerful VP.

What could possibly go wrong?

The rise in bank stocks is in anticipation of all the good the banks can and will do for America once they are freed from the shackles that that black man put upon them.
Now beero1000.

Some awesome news!

Ford is NOT going to move production to Mexico now: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sa...-023323315--finance.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index
As the late Jackie Gleason would say....."How Sweet It Is!" I see a big win for the US middle class.... and Trump has not even taken the office yet.

Since November 8, United States Steel stock has gone from 20 to 28, or nearly a 30% rise since the Hillary defeat (only about 10 days). So if you had $100k invested in US steel on November 8 you are $30k richer today for it. Furthermore, I don't think it is done rising yet. There is nothing more middle class than US Steel. Whats good for the steel workers is good for the US too. Apple in talks to bringing production of iphone back to the US too: http://www.northcrane.com/2016/11/1...-in-talks-of-moving-manufacturing-to-the-usa/

I can not fully explain why. But since November 8, Bank of America stock has also risen 15% in those 10 days.

Before the election, I would have predicted the US would be going into another recession in the near future. Not something I would place any blame to either candidate but according to the economic cycle, it just seemed like we were due again. But now I am beginning to wonder about that too. If we don't have another recession, I think that will be a good problem to have. We may very well be seeing a US renaissance or at least a turn of the tide.

Oh, this will be a great time for the large banks. Trump will lower their capital requirements and reporting. This will allow them to take much greater risks and much higher leverage. It will be goody goody time, until the next downturn. But hey, the FDIC will bail them out! No worries.........

Economist,bankers,and stock traders can not predict shit.Economist are after the fact experts.Bankers are all about greed.Stock traders are just gamblers.

Some awesome news!

It is good news that Trump was wrong and lied about Ford moving the plant to Mexico. It is good that Trump in general is walking back on some of the lies that he told.

People put too much faith in the predictive powers of the stock market and in the importance of the stock market to the economy.

Yes, the future is brighter for US Steel and Bank of America under Trump and the Republicans. The market is anticipating that Trump and the Republicans will impose tariffs on foreign steel, increasing the demand for US manufactured steel. This is less than a sure thing.

The US constitution doesn't allow treaties that have been ratified by the Senate to be overridden by an Executive order or even by an US law. Bush tried and failed to impose tariffs under treaty provisions that allowed tariffs if the foreign steel producers are being subsidized by their governments. This means that Trump would have to get our trading partners to agree to re-negotiate treaties that currently prohibit such tariffs designed to protect domestic producers.Then it would have to be approved by 2/3rds of the Senate. His main opposition would be from the Republicans in the Senate, the free trade delusion is strongest among those on the right.

Bank stocks in general are going up because it is anticipated that a Trump administration will have the same aversion to enforcing the laws and regulations governing the banks that the Bush administration had. But while it arguably might result in higher profits for the banks, you have to remember that the Bush administration insane belief that the banks and the financial sector could self-regulate lead to the financial crisis and the near destruction of not only the US economy but the entire world's economies. This wasn't a good thing.

Bank of America stands to gain more from the Trump administration than just the ability to once again participate in the building of the next major economy killing financial crisis. They are hoping that a business friendly Trump administration will go easier on the bank for its criminal behavior in the last major economy killing financial crisis in 2008.

Some awesome news!

It is good news that Trump was wrong and lied about Ford moving the plant to Mexico. It is good that Trump in general is walking back on some of the lies that he told.

People put too much faith in the predictive powers of the stock market and in the importance of the stock market to the economy.

Yes, the future is brighter for US Steel and Bank of America under Trump and the Republicans. The market is anticipating that Trump and the Republicans will impose tariffs on foreign steel, increasing the demand for US manufactured steel. This is less than a sure thing.

The US constitution doesn't allow treaties that have been ratified by the Senate to be overridden by an Executive order or even by an US law. Bush tried and failed to impose tariffs under treaty provisions that allowed tariffs if the foreign steel producers are being subsidized by their governments. This means that Trump would have to get our trading partners to agree to re-negotiate treaties that currently prohibit such tariffs designed to protect domestic producers.Then it would have to be approved by 2/3rds of the Senate. His main opposition would be from the Republicans in the Senate, the free trade delusion is strongest among those on the right.

Bank stocks in general are going up because it is anticipated that a Trump administration will have the same aversion to enforcing the laws and regulations governing the banks that the Bush administration had. But while it arguably might result in higher profits for the banks, you have to remember that the Bush administration insane belief that the banks and the financial sector could self-regulate lead to the financial crisis and the near destruction of not only the US economy but the entire world's economies. This wasn't a good thing.

Bank of America stands to gain more from the Trump administration than just the ability to once again participate in the building of the next major economy killing financial crisis. They are hoping that a business friendly Trump administration will go easier on the bank for its criminal behavior in the last major economy killing financial crisis in 2008.

As a banker myself, I'd prefer to have slightly less profits, in return for more stability and ability to better serve my clients. Less regulation and capital requirements will harm banks and the tax payers in the long term.

Reactions: BH
Deepak, the point is that the stock market anticipates what the market will do in the future. And they are predicting 30% higher. What you posted is performance of US Steel under Obama. Trump has not even taken the office yet.
Are you under the impression that every stock market anticipation is accurate?

Some awesome news!

Free Trade to some means the are oblivious to the fact that the Chinese government subsidizing it's own steel producers to enable its manufacturers to sell far below cost, so as to put US Steel completely out of business. Then it can raise the prices somewhat as there will be no competition.

So we abandon free enterprise and replace it with the whims of Herr Trump?

If you want to see the Republican party implode just let them do what Trump asks. Most of us believe the Republicans have nothing to offer. Proving that by being submissive to Trump's silliness can only destroy them faster than their doing it does in the economy.

Some awesome news!

Oh, this will be a great time for the large banks. Trump will lower their capital requirements and reporting. This will allow them to take much greater risks and much higher leverage. .
What could possibly go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom