• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Pardons Predictions

EvoUK

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
So, it appears Trump is going to pardon Michael Flynn before he pops off in January:

article said:
Donald Trump plans to pardon his disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn before he leaves office, according to multiple media reports.

Flynn will be among a series of pardons that Trump plans to grant before his term in office ends, multiple sources were reported as saying by Axios and the New York Times.

Flynn admitted lying to the FBI about his contact with the former Russian ambassador to the US, and became a cooperating witness in Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and the Trump campaign’s links with Moscow.

Flynn was the only White House official charged in Mueller’s investigation.

Source

Not surprising, though I believe Flynn being pardoned does possibly have repercussions for any potential court cases in future.

Anyone else we believe will be on the list of those he pardons?

Trump's pardons:
Son, daughter, Eric.
4 Ukranians no one's ever heard of until the pardon.
At least three campaign managers.
DeJoy.

Now, if _I_ were on the way out, in his place, I'd pardon Hunter Biden. Thrrre's nothing there TO pardon, but this will fuel Parler for 40 years. The reason no one REALLY looked into Hunter's crimes was the pardon. Never mind the actual evidence. Or timeline.

And i'd pick a name out of a hat. Or throw a dart at a map of the country. "McEnany! Get me the registered voter rolls for...looks loke Podunk, Indiana! And some percentile die!"

Just to spark the speculation. Mavis Jones,67 year old diabetes counselor/nurse practitioner gets a full federal pardon for "unspecified acts" done July 18th, 2019? That, and her flummoxed response, will make headlines while no one notices my executive order to make Mar A Lago an independent principality.

Now, if _I_ were on the way out, in his place, I'd pardon Hunter Biden. Thrrre's nothing there TO pardon, but this will fuel Parler for 40 years. The reason no one REALLY looked into Hunter's crimes was the pardon. Never mind the actual evidence. Or timeline.

Ya, that would fuck people up. Good call.

Back to serious speculation -
Supposing that this whole dirty laundry list of assholes is pardoned, what would be the effect of all of them losing 5th amendment protection?
If Cheato overlooks one single junior staffer who was peripherally involved in his shenanigans, could the whole kettle of fish be spilled on the table?

Supposing that this whole dirty laundry list of assholes is pardoned, what would be the effect of all of them losing 5th amendment protection?
Sharp learning curve ahead.
Eric, for one example, may not have understood that the Fifth only protects YOU from prosecution. You cannot claim it to protect Daddy.
And being pardoned for doing X in 2018 does not mean you cannot be held in contempt for trying to take the Fifth for X in 2020.

I think an effort to just find where all the money went, for the last 4 years, would be ever so useful. Especially with all their tax records on hand. May not be able to prosecute for embezzling, but for taxes, perjury, and just illuminating any future political careers....

Sharp learning curve ahead.
Eric, for one example, may not have understood that the Fifth only protects YOU from prosecution. You cannot claim it to protect Daddy.
And being pardoned for doing X in 2018 does not mean you cannot be held in contempt for trying to take the Fifth for X in 2020.

I think an effort to just find where all the money went, for the last 4 years, would be ever so useful. Especially with all their tax records on hand. May not be able to prosecute for embezzling, but for taxes, perjury, and just illuminating any future political careers....

ZACKLY!
I was thinking that they will all probably face contempt charges, and/or will be implicated on the State level by each others' testimony, compelled by their having foregone 5th Amendment protections...
Much popcorn will be consumed.

Back
Top Bottom