• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Posts Fake CNN Media On Twitter

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So now Trump posted fake CNN media coverage. And please note, the verb in that sentence, "posted" not "shared". He posted a fake CNN headline of a white racist toddler chasing a black toddler. Then it notes, 'but this is what really happened' and shows the kids hugging.

The actual video from CNN shows two toddlers, one white / one black running to each other and hugging. Twitter flagged it and clicking on it goes to the truth.

Fuck Trump, fuck the GOP, fuck all of his supporters. This shit has gone too far. I know Trump Brownshirts will suck this up like the fools they are, but pretty much, at what point do they stop and think maybe the lies have gone too far? I don't think they ever will.

We're past the point of no return with these hardened Trump Monkeys. I'm starting to wonder if the GOP speaking out against Trump at this point would be a mistake. It would likely just enrage the apes. As nothing seems to be going his way, Trump seems to be getting more invective with each passing week.
Meanwhile in Tulsa, more than 100,000 "people" are expected to attend this disgusting man's event.

It's an obvious joke though.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273770669214490626[/TWEET]

Was anybody sentient thinking that was real? I don't know what's worse, that it would have to be flagged because there are people who would think it's real or that the attached flag vouched that "multiple journalists" confirmed it's fake.

No it isn't. The trouble is after they show the "Terrified Todler (sp) Runs From Racist Baby" bit, they screen this bit:
whathappened.png

This is where this goes from alleged joke to alleged CNN faking a news story. Had they stopped at the part where the text reads that the white toddler supports Trump, this can be a joke. But once they screen the 'what actually happened' that becomes an accusation.

Was anybody sentient thinking that was real?
MAGA Hat followers think Covid-19 is gone, the economy in 2016 was worse than in 2008, and despite the GOP in the Senate saying otherwise, think that whole Russia thing is a lie. So yes, I think MAGA Hat wearing brownshirts would believe that video was true.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273770669214490626[/TWEET]

Was anybody sentient thinking that was real? I don't know what's worse, that it would have to be flagged because there are people who would think it's real or that the attached flag vouched that "multiple journalists" confirmed it's fake.

No. It isn't. It's an obvious "this is an obvious joke" defense of an obvious lie.

There are useful idiots out there. It is lying to them. That's exactly what propaganda IS.

Trump is blessed with the most ridiculous enemies.

This is where this goes from alleged joke to alleged CNN faking a news story. Had they stopped at the part where the text reads that the white toddler supports Trump, this can be a joke. But once they screen the 'what actually happened' that becomes an accusation.

Oh, poor CNN. It'd never run with false accusations.

Ea4DFzrUEAA5G3m

Ea4DFzrUEAA5G3m

So you're saying the Trump ad wasn't a joke.

Ea4DFzrUEAA5G3m

So you're saying the Trump ad wasn't a joke.

No. I'm saying that you don't understand memes.

I understand memes.

I also understand how the "it was a joke" response to criticism can be used to legitimize lies.

"Oh, we weren't saying CNN carried a misleading story about those two little kids greeting each other. That was a joke. We were saying that CNN carries misleading stories about things like those two little kids greeting each other."

Actually, Trausti makes a very good point. If Trump's intent was to highlight how CNN is fake news, why didn't he use a real example instead of a fake one?

That was the point you were trying to make Trausti, right?

So the Trump campaign created fake news in the hopes CNN would report it so that they could then say that CNN reports fake news and it would be true?

Aside from Don, Jr. and my elderly relatives, all of whom are going to vote for Trump regardless of what CNN reports, who was supposed to find this ad convincing?

Ea4DFzrUEAA5G3m

All it says is that it was settled, not what the terms are. The terms might have been something like drop it now and we won't pursue costs for this garbage.

Trump is blessed with the most ridiculous enemies.

That statement is revelatory.
Trump's greatest "blessing" is the abject stupidity of his disinfectant-injecting, lightbulb suppository-loving followers.
That you are unaware of that fact says a lot about you.

So the Trump campaign created fake news in the hopes CNN would report it so that they could then say that CNN reports fake news and it would be true?

Aside from Don, Jr. and my elderly relatives, all of whom are going to vote for Trump regardless of what CNN reports, who was supposed to find this ad convincing?

It isn’t supposed to convince much, just provide more red meat for the base, like the idiots who signed up for the Covid-19 Outbreak trial in Tulsa, including the Mayor.

Back
Top Bottom