• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump says there was a stock market 'glitch'

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Trump says there was a stock market 'glitch' in December, but it will rise when trade deals fixed

... which looks to be around the 12th of NEVER.

The glitch continues:

djia.JPG

Question: How low can it go before it hurts his donors enough for them to turn on him? Or do all the gifties he bestoweth upon them make up for it all?
One thing for certain - it's a day-trader's paradise. Anyone with unlimited patience, a good internet connection and a wad of cash can pick up 1-2% per day in this environment.

Trump says there was a stock market 'glitch' in December, but it will rise when trade deals fixed

The glitch continues:

View attachment 19562

Question: How low can it go before it hurts his donors enough for them to turn on him? Or do all the gifties he bestoweth upon them make up for it all?
One thing for certain - it's a day-trader's paradise. Anyone with unlimited patience, a good internet connection and a wad of cash can pick up 1-2% per day in this environment.
Why dont we all do this? Or more to the point....if everyone quit doing their normal jobs and traded for their subsistence, where is the wealth coming from?

An honest question because I dont get where any wealth creation is taking place just trading on lows and highs. Who benefits, other than the day trader?

Yup, a glitch called His Flatulence.

Solution: Remove president, retry.

The glitch continues:

View attachment 19562

Why dont we all do this? Or more to the point....if everyone quit doing their normal jobs and traded for their subsistence, where is the wealth coming from?

An honest question because I dont get where any wealth creation is taking place just trading on lows and highs. Who benefits, other than the day trader?

NOBODY.
It's all about feeding the parasites. Large stakeholders are not effected, but the little guy takes it on the chin - again.

The market is currently up over 700 today. Will Trump say that this is a glitch too? :D I've never seen as much volatility in the market as there has been in the last several months. It doesn't know whether to shit or go blind, and Trump ain't helping matters with his craziness.

The market is currently up over 700 today. Will Trump say that this is a glitch too? :D I've never seen as much volatility in the market as there has been in the last several months. It doesn't know whether to shit or go blind, and Trump ain't helping matters with his craziness.
This is the crazy shit I never understand. Fed increases rates to keep inflation under control, which means the economy is growing... and the market throws a fit. And the Fed says they'll think twice before raising the rate... and the market orgasms. Of course, the market would drop if inflation went up too high and we crunch into a recession because the Fed has to hit the brakes hard on the lending rate.

The deal is this, however. The glitch in December was Trump. He was talking about firing the Fed Chairman, Mnuchin goes out and says the banks are all solvent, nothing to worry about... which ominously sounded more like a warning alarm than something to calm the markets, Trump is fucking America over with trade, the Government is generally closed (except the mandated stuff). He caused the drops.

- - - Updated - - -

The glitch continues:

View attachment 19562

Careful, LP will try to school you on how making money in the stock market is creating viable value.

No one. The stock market could be open once a week and accounts could be settled. It is a bullshit way for wealth to remain among the wealthy.

I think it would be more accurate to say that the DJIA less volatile over the last fewish years, like since 2012. Volatility is a complex beast...and seems to

One can pick the year range and get a view (I couldn't quickly find a fixed chart):
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/VXDCLS

I think it would be more accurate to say that the DJIA less volatile over the last fewish years, like since 2012. Volatility is a complex beast...and seems to

One can pick the year range and get a view (I couldn't quickly find a fixed chart):
There certainly volatility, mainly based on uncertainty caused by the Trump Administration's radical and odd statements / actions.

Today's news is "DOW booms as Fed announces they'll let inflation fuck over the economy."

There certainly volatility, mainly based on uncertainty caused by the Trump Administration's radical and odd statements / actions.

Sure FFvC is part of the volatility, especially on the daily spasms when he sharts out whatever inane thing he comes up with from attacking Fed chairman Powell, to Tariff Man, et.al. But like I suggested it is complicated. The biggest thing I see associated with Don the Con's actions is the brewing trade war with China. Then there is markets riding at all time highs, corporate debt level that are kind of eye popping, there's the global central bank (the US began its reversal a year ago) slow reversal of QE that has just begun, and then there is the minor Brexit cliff hanger. In the end even the Dotard isn't that powerful...

MW-GZ344_corpde_20181129133702_NS.jpg

Today's news is "DOW booms as Fed announces they'll let inflation fuck over the economy."
The 1970's have come back in fashion? I'm not sure I caught that headline...

I’m curious what the DOW ( or others) looks like when plottd as a % change from the day before. A quick google doesn’t show that anywhere. Anyone know if there a site that shows it that way?

This is the crazy shit I never understand. Fed increases rates to keep inflation under control, which means the economy is growing... and the market throws a fit.
Market threw a fit not to a Fed increasing rates but to to a Trump throwing a fit to a Fed increasing rates.

Last edited:
I’m curious what the DOW ( or others) looks like when plottd as a % change from the day before. A quick google doesn’t show that anywhere. Anyone know if there a site that shows it that way?
Not I...

- - - Updated - - -

This is the crazy shit I never understand. Fed increases rates to keep inflation under control, which means the economy is growing... and the market throws a fit.
Market threw a fit not to a Fed increasing rates but to to a Trump throwing a fit to a Fed increasing rates.
Actually, I'd say the markets threw a fit about both events.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/19/sto...dge-higher-federal-reserve-rate-decision.html
The Dow gave up a 381 point gain and closed 351 points lower.
<snip>
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 351.98 points and closed at its lowest level so far this year at 23,323.66, erasing a 380 point gain that came prior to the Fed decision.

Back
Top Bottom