• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Tweet Sends SE US into Panic and Uncertainty

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
KITTY HAWK, NC -- Citizens in the southeastern portion of the United States have been overcome with panic and uncertainty after President Trump posted Twitter.

Pres. Trump Tweet said:
To the incredible citizens of North Carolina, South Carolina and the entire East Coast - the storm looks very bad! Please take all necessary precautions. We have already began mobilizing our assets to respond accordingly, and we are here for you!

"I don't know what to make of it," noted a coastal North Carolina homeowner. "Does this mean there is no storm out in the Atlantic bearing down on the US coast? Does it mean that FEMA assets aren't going to be coming? Does it mean this is just a rain storm approaching? I can't make preparations if I don't know what is happening."

Many citizens in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia shared similar doubts. Since the beginning of this week, the National Hurricane Center has been tracking the path and progress of Hurricane Florence. The Hurricane has winds at the high end of a Category 4 storm on the Saffir Simpson scale. Additionally, the NHS has indicated that the storm is expected to slow down near landfall increasing the chance of substantial precipitation causing widespread flooding.

However, since the Trump tweet, people in the Southeast no longer know whether this storm is real.

"He tweeted about the end of the Korean War, about how he never knew Stormy Daniels, and many other things," noted Melissa Scathers of Charleston, South Carolina. "That was all lies, so is he lying about this now?"

The NHC has raised warnings regarding the danger of this storm, from wind damage to the storm surge to statewide flooding potential. The NHC has begun modifying their advisories on their own Twitter feed to help deal with the confusion many people have been dealing with since his tweet.

PRES. TRUMP TWEETS ASIDE, A STORM SURGE WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED
FOR THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES FROM EDISTO BEACH...
SOUTH CAROLINA NORTHWARD TO THE NORTH CAROLINA-VIRGINIA BORDER...
INCLUDING THE PAMLICO AND ALBEMARLE SOUNDS.

DESPITE WHAT THE PRESIDENT MIGHT TWEET, A STORM SURGE WATCH MEANS
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LIFE-THREATENING INUNDATION... FROM
RISING WATER MOVING INLAND FROM THE COASTLINE... THIS THREAT IS REAL
AND THIS WATCH IS FOR THE INDICATED LOCATIONS DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
FOR A DEPICTION OF AREAS AT RISK... PLEASE SEE THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE STORM SURGE WATCH/WARNING GRAPHIC... AVAILABLE AT
HURRICANES.GOV. THIS STORM IS EXPECTED TO BE VERY DANGEROUS. PLEASE DO
NOT BASE YOUR HURRICANE EVACUATION PLANS ON THE WHIM OF THE PRESIDENT'S
TWITTER FEED.

Meanwhile, the White House will not confirm or deny that Donald Trump modified the latest NHC advisory which was released within the past hour. White House press secretary Sarah Sanders noted that "We want to talk about what matters, like the economy growing at an unprecedented rate and how jobs are growing faster than ever recorded, not about some fake news about Trump modifying NHC advisories."

Latest NHC Advisory said:
THIS IS NOT FAKE NEWS. A STORM SURGE WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR
THE INCREDIBLE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES FROM EDISTO BEACH...SOUTH
CAROLINA NORTHWARD TO THE BEAUTIFUL, I MEAN IT, NORTH CAROLINA-VIRGINIA
BORDER...INCLUDING THE PAMLICO AND ALBEMARLE SOUNDS.

A STORM SURGE WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF DANGEROUS
HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER FLOODING GOLF COURSES AND HOTEL PROPERTIES.
WHILE THE FAKE NEWS WON'T SAY SO, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH
GLOBAL WARMING AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION.
FOR A DEPICTION OF AREAS AT RISK... PLEASE SEE THE ELECTORAL MAP
THAT SHOWS MY VICTORY. AVAILABLE AT TRUMP2020.COM. MAGA HATS ARE
ON SALE.

KITTY HAWK, NC -- Citizens in the southeastern portion of the United States have been overcome with panic and uncertainty after President Trump posted Twitter.

"I don't know what to make of it," noted a coastal North Carolina homeowner. "Does this mean there is no storm out in the Atlantic bearing down on the US coast? Does it mean that FEMA assets aren't going to be coming? Does it mean this is just a rain storm approaching? I can't make preparations if I don't know what is happening."

Many citizens in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia shared similar doubts. Since the beginning of this week, the National Hurricane Center has been tracking the path and progress of Hurricane Florence. The Hurricane has winds at the high end of a Category 4 storm on the Saffir Simpson scale. Additionally, the NHS has indicated that the storm is expected to slow down near landfall increasing the chance of substantial precipitation causing widespread flooding.

However, since the Trump tweet, people in the Southeast no longer know whether this storm is real.

"He tweeted about the end of the Korean War, about how he never knew Stormy Daniels, and many other things," noted Melissa Scathers of Charleston, South Carolina. "That was all lies, so is he lying about this now?"

The NHC has raised warnings regarding the danger of this storm, from wind damage to the storm surge to statewide flooding potential. The NHC has begun modifying their advisories on their own Twitter feed to help deal with the confusion many people have been dealing with since his tweet.

PRES. TRUMP TWEETS ASIDE, A STORM SURGE WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED
FOR THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES FROM EDISTO BEACH...
SOUTH CAROLINA NORTHWARD TO THE NORTH CAROLINA-VIRGINIA BORDER...
INCLUDING THE PAMLICO AND ALBEMARLE SOUNDS.

DESPITE WHAT THE PRESIDENT MIGHT TWEET, A STORM SURGE WATCH MEANS
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LIFE-THREATENING INUNDATION... FROM
RISING WATER MOVING INLAND FROM THE COASTLINE... THIS THREAT IS REAL
AND THIS WATCH IS FOR THE INDICATED LOCATIONS DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
FOR A DEPICTION OF AREAS AT RISK... PLEASE SEE THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE STORM SURGE WATCH/WARNING GRAPHIC... AVAILABLE AT
HURRICANES.GOV. THIS STORM IS EXPECTED TO BE VERY DANGEROUS. PLEASE DO
NOT BASE YOUR HURRICANE EVACUATION PLANS ON THE WHIM OF THE PRESIDENT'S
TWITTER FEED.

Meanwhile, the White House will not confirm or deny that Donald Trump modified the latest NHC advisory which was released within the past hour. White House press secretary Sarah Sanders noted that "We want to talk about what matters, like the economy growing at an unprecedented rate and how jobs are growing faster than ever recorded, not about some fake news about Trump modifying NHC advisories."

THE INCREDIBLE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES FROM EDISTO BEACH...SOUTH
CAROLINA NORTHWARD TO THE BEAUTIFUL, I MEAN IT, NORTH CAROLINA-VIRGINIA
BORDER...INCLUDING THE PAMLICO AND ALBEMARLE SOUNDS.

A STORM SURGE WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF DANGEROUS
HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER FLOODING GOLF COURSES AND HOTEL PROPERTIES.
WHILE THE FAKE NEWS WON'T SAY SO, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH
GLOBAL WARMING AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION.
FOR A DEPICTION OF AREAS AT RISK... PLEASE SEE THE ELECTORAL MAP
THAT SHOWS MY VICTORY. AVAILABLE AT TRUMP2020.COM. MAGA HATS ARE
ON SALE.

Meh. Like we're s'posed to believe the pointy-headed Fake Science Pocket Protector crowd now?
I encourage the true Trump faithful to show them - go camp out on the beach until Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom