• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's counter argument to his unconstitutional appointment

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
"Whitaker is so far up Trump's ass, Hannity had to scoot over." - Bill Maher

When Trump is faced with a very legitimate question his M.O. is to either lie or resort to name calling.

I thought he was very upfront when the female reporter asked him "did you appoint Matt Whitaker to stop Robert Mueller?"

His response was "That's A STUPID QUESTION!" (repeated several times). Very much as if he was too polite to say "DOES A BEAR SHIT IN THE WOODS?? IS THE POPE CATHOLIC??"

When Trump is faced with a very legitimate question his M.O. is to either lie or resort to name calling.

I thought he was very upfront when the female reporter asked him "did you appoint Matt Whitaker to stop Robert Mueller?"

His response was "That's A STUPID QUESTION!" (repeated several times). Very much as if he was too polite to say "DOES A BEAR SHIT IN THE WOODS?? IS THE POPE CATHOLIC??"

While I can't seem to access that ABC link, I believe that Mr. Conway's main point was the very questionable constitutional grounds of appointing someone into a senior position at the DoJ who has not been approved by the Senate. It could be unconstitutional to appoint that dork instead of someone who had already been approved by the Senate for a position on the DoJ such as the Deputy AG or Solicitor General. To that, Trump only swung insults.

While I can't seem to access that ABC link, I believe that Mr. Conway's main point was the very questionable constitutional grounds of appointing someone into a senior position at the DoJ who has not been approved by the Senate. It could be unconstitutional to appoint that dork instead of someone who had already been approved by the Senate for a position on the DoJ such as the Deputy AG or Solicitor General. To that, Trump only swung insults.

Yup. I still think everyone at the DOJ should go about their business and pretend MW doesn't exist. Ignore every directive, refuse every order. If/when someone gets arrested or legally charged, let SCOTUS rule on it. I think it would be a very short-lived case.

Yup. I still think everyone at the DOJ should go about their business and pretend MW doesn't exist. Ignore every directive, refuse every order. If/when someone gets arrested or legally charged, let SCOTUS rule on it. I think it would be a very short-lived case.

I hope it happens. Despite Trump's efforts to turn the DoJ into his own private police force, I expect that there are still many honorable people in the DoJ with the willingness to do it for the good of the country.

I hope it happens. Despite Trump's efforts to turn the DoJ into his own private police force, I expect that there are still many honorable people in the DoJ with the willingness to do it for the good of the country.

I am POSITIVE that there not just "many", but THOUSANDS of proud, honorable, patriotic and honest people there who will defend the integrity of the Department to the best of their ability. Whether that extends to willingness to put their jobs on the line is another question; the choice to stand up and thereby possibly abandon their position to some trumpsucking moron - that has to be hard.

Back
Top Bottom