• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s DC Hotel Tagged With $5 Million in Unpaid Worker Liens

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-05/trump-s-dc-hotel-tagged-with-5-million-in-unpaid-worker-liens

Donald Trump’s new Washington hotel, located just blocks from the White House, owes electricians, wood workers and a plumbing and heating business more than $5 million for unpaid labor, according to liens filed against the property with the District of Columbia.

The 263-room hotel, located on the historic site of the city’s former main post office, opened in October following a $212 million renovation of the 1899 structure. The liens were filed in November and December, according to public records.

OK, I don't want to start blaming the victims here, but doesn't the blame for this kind of lie with the victims? I mean, two decades ago it would have been fine for workers to assume that Donald Trump would pay the bills for work he ordered, but not getting the money in advance and just kind of assuming that he'd pay when you were working for him a year ago is pretty stupid. There was plenty of precedent about what was going to happen.

There's such a pattern of such things can't someone bring a RICO case against him over it?

I am inclined to agree with Tom Sawyer on this, though--you should expect this sort of thing if you do a job for His Flatulence.

OK, I don't want to start blaming the victims here, but doesn't the blame for this kind of lie with the victims? I mean, two decades ago it would have been fine for workers to assume that Donald Trump would pay the bills for work he ordered, but not getting the money in advance and just kind of assuming that he'd pay when you were working for him a year ago is pretty stupid. There was plenty of precedent about what was going to happen.

I know right?!? I understand that a few years ago women might have been surprised that they get stalked when wearing miniskirts... but in this day and age? Totally their fault.

Yes, exactly the same, because wearing certain clothing is a recognized form of contracting to provide sex to people you haven't even met yet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-05/trump-s-dc-hotel-tagged-with-5-million-in-unpaid-worker-liens

Donald Trump’s new Washington hotel, located just blocks from the White House, owes electricians, wood workers and a plumbing and heating business more than $5 million for unpaid labor, according to liens filed against the property with the District of Columbia.

The 263-room hotel, located on the historic site of the city’s former main post office, opened in October following a $212 million renovation of the 1899 structure. The liens were filed in November and December, according to public records.

This is both surprising and unsurprising.

Wow, those economic elites are trickling good jobs all over us! Thank God for those tax cuts!

- - - Updated - - -

I know right?!? I understand that a few years ago women might have been surprised that they get stalked when wearing miniskirts... but in this day and age? Totally their fault.

So it's women's fault that they get assaulted, and we shouldn't blame the men that assault them?

Does everyone agree that Gun Nut is asking to get hit in the face with a hammer? Because it sounds to me like he's asking to get hit in the face with a hammer, in which case I would be blameless if I actually did it.

I think you guys are taking Gun Nuts post wrong. He's teasing Tom Sawyer about his victim blaming.

I think you guys are taking Gun Nuts post wrong. He's teasing Tom Sawyer about his victim blaming.

1) That is a little more nuanced than how the post reads, to be fair
2) It's pretty obvious Tom Sawyer is bilingual. His second language is English. His primary language is Tongue-in-cheek-ish.

Back
Top Bottom