• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's departure

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
President Trump Delivers Farewell Speech | C-SPAN.org - in his last full day in office

Trump, in the last hours of his presidency:

President Trump departs the White House - YouTube - from C-SPAN

He and Melania boarded Marine One and the helicopter took off with him aboard.

President Trump Departure Ceremony at Joint Base Andrews | C-SPAN.org He stated that it's been "an incredible four years," and that "we will back in some form."

Showed Trump arriving by Marine One helicopter and a salute with some cannons. He delivered a short speech, then boarded Air Force One with Melania. His children and their spouses followed him aboard the plane.

President Trump Arrives in Palm Beach, Florida | C-SPAN.org - aboard Air Force One

The day before, Jan 19:

President-elect Biden Departs New Castle Airport | C-SPAN.org - in Delaware near Wilmington

President-elect Biden Arrives at Joint Base Andrews | C-SPAN.org

I skipped through these videos to find the interesting parts, like the vehicles arriving and departing and their passengers getting on and off.

Melania Trump flaunts $3,700 orange dress after landing in Florida
Outgoing first lady Melania Trump sported an orange-emblazoned Gucci dress after arriving in Palm Beach, Florida, from Washington, DC, with former President Donald Trump. This marked the duo’s last flight on Air Force One as president and first lady.

Her bombastic dress, which costs $3,700, stood in stark contrast to the black Chanel jacket and Dolce & Gabbana dress she wore while leaving the White House. Neither Melania nor Donald Trump wore masks while boarding or disembarking from Air Force One.

Donald Trump, Wife Melania Arrive At Mar-a-Lago Home In Florida
There was also a smattering of pro-Biden signs. One aimed at Trump said, "You're fired, you loser."

And nobody ever heard from him again. The end.

It would be nice if that were the final line.

According to reports, the football still hasn't been returned.

According to reports, the football still hasn't been returned.

The second football was with Biden and was activated at 12 noon, after the other one was deactivated at 11:59:59..

I think Trump is hoping to sell his football to the Russians. I wonder if signing it would increase or decrease its black market value.

Yeah, just because the codes aren't good doesn't mean they aren't still heuristically useful. That briefcase is a nuclear secret, even if the codes are no good.

Yeah, just because the codes aren't good doesn't mean they aren't still heuristically useful. That briefcase is a nuclear secret, even if the codes are no good.

The encryption algorithm and firmware alone is priceless.. When we cracked Enigma, is was because we were able to steal one of the encoding devices and reverse engineer it. That won us WWII..

Fox News was able to confirm that Trump got a "warm Florida greeting". So much so, the article includes a very close up photo of four people somewhere along the motorcade route to his golf course.

The encryption algorithm and firmware alone is priceless.. When we cracked Enigma, is was because we were able to steal one of the encoding devices and reverse engineer it. That won us WWII..
That and Germany couldn't defend the post worth a damn.

Fox News was able to confirm that Trump got a "warm Florida greeting". So much so, the article includes a very close up photo of four people somewhere along the motorcade route to his golf course.

"That won us WWII" was a bit of an overstatement.

But still. That football would be hugely valuable to a hostile foreign power like Russia. If the government has to shoot Trump to get it back I'd be fine with that.
Tom

But still. That football would be hugely valuable to a hostile foreign power like Russia. If the government has to shoot Trump to get it back I'd be fine with that.
Tom

It actually makes me wonder though. The thing is handcuffed to a member of the military. It's not like he can just be like "oh, it's mine now, hand it over". The guy wouldn't. I suspect that the football has probably been returned by now, regardless, though I haven't heard whether or not it has?

It actually makes me wonder though. The thing is handcuffed to a member of the military. It's not like he can just be like "oh, it's mine now, hand it over". The guy wouldn't. I suspect that the football has probably been returned by now, regardless, though I haven't heard whether or not it has?

They tend not to talk about it unless they have to. Like if half the country is afraid someone's going to spill beer in it or crack it open in a temper tantrum. Or wonder who has it at 1200.0 hours on a Wednesday.
At 1201, though, Trump's movements no longer dictated the movements of the guy carrying it. The number of Secret Service agents decreased, Trump's access to major communications arrays ended, and certain staff no longrr took orders from him.
They probably all rode The Beast back to the airport, to ride (formerly) Air Force One back to DC, since it was headed there anyway.

Tom

Its complicated, of course, and no one single thing literally "won the war"... but historians all agree that without breaking their code, we would have not been able to defeat their navy by being able to listen in to their encoded secret messages without their knowledge. There were ambushes that would have devastated the allied forces if not for being clued in. Battles were won and planned such that they didn't belay our ace in the hole. Hitler suddenly lost his Naval advantage and had no clue why his strategies stopped working in that theater.

If that didn't just hand us the war, it certainly was critically contributory to the German's defeat.

Not that Trump is capable of comprehending that, or even so, caring even a little bit about the potential impact.

The real value would be in his signature, though. Suck it, Joe Namath!

The thing is handcuffed to a member of the military.

Trump has been busily firing military folks who support the USA and replacing them with Trumpistas.

You don't know who has control of that thing.
Tom

Trump has been busily firing military folks who support the USA and replacing them with Trumpistas.

Tom
The President is not part of the process of choosing the football carriers. It's a military posting, not a political appointment. And the vbackground check makes my Top Secret+ clearance look like applying for a Blockbuster membership.
Does Trump even KNOW anyone who would pass a TS:SIOP clearance?

Tom
The President is not part of the process of choosing the football carriers. It's a military posting, not a political appointment. And the vbackground check makes my Top Secret+ clearance look like applying for a Blockbuster membership.

You seem to be confusing Trump and his Trumpistas for law abiding citizens, with the best interests of the USA as their foundation.

I don't believe that's an accurate assessment of the current situation.
Tom

You seem to be confusing Trump and his Trumpistas for law abiding citizens, with the best interests of the USA as their foundation.
No, i'm saying that this job is out of his hands entirely, whatever he may have wished, or whatever he may have tried to influence. It's part of a whole pipeline to create officers that can be in that position.

Back
Top Bottom