• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Golfing again

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Donald Trump Is America's 10th Highest Paid Athlete
But $63 million in endorsements made Tiger the highest-paid golfer and the 11th highest-paid athlete in the world in 2019. Russell Wilson’s $89.5 million haul in salary and endorsements earned him a Just for Me relaxer, a turtleneck and the title of America’s highest-paid athlete, according to Forbes.

Trump Golf Count - 247 trips to golf courses, at a cost to taxpayers of $130 million.

Yet he brags about taking no salary when in office.

Trump botches a boast about giving away his presidential salary - POLITICO
Donald Trump boasted on Monday that he's the only other president besides George Washington to forgo his paycheck — but history is not on his side.

“I give away my presidential salary,” Trump told reporters at a gathering of his Cabinet. “They say no other president has done it. I'm surprised, to be honest with you. They say George Washington may have been the only other president to do that. See whether or not Obama gave up his salary. See whether or not all of the other of your favorites, your other favorites gave up their salary. The answer is no.”
George Washington had certainly done so, and Herbert Hoover and JFK had also done so.
Trump has made a show of giving away his paycheck, donating his salary to the National Park Service, the Department of Education, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Small Business Administration, the Surgeon General's office and the Department of Agriculture.

Time to replay this lying sleazeball's campaign rant about how Obama was always golfing but how he, the Trump, would be too excited making deals for America to leave the Oval Office.

America might do better if it banned its presidents from playing golf.
They could take up another hobby, say governing.

America might do better if it banned its presidents from playing golf.
They could take up another hobby, say governing.
About his second or third golf trip, when we pointed out that he'd promised not to do that, the defensive talking point among Trumpanzees was that he could make more deals on a golf course than Obama ever could in a conference room.
So if we entered such legislation, they would claim it would limit future presidents ability to make deals in that sort of setting.
Plus, how would our president look if they went abroad and, say, the leader of Japan invited him to play golf? How'd it look if Pres had to say, "No, the voters won't let me?"

To which i would suggest that the legislation that stops it FORCES the Pres to say, "Trump ruined it for all of us." Give Bonespurs a lasting legacy.

Back
Top Bottom