• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Niece's Book - Too Much And Never Enough

I got the book from the library, surprisingly after only two weeks in reserve.

I think it’ll become a standard reference on DT.

A couple of things...Trump’s mother told Mary Trump that DT never listened to or obeyed her, and that she was relieved when he was sent away. And his banishment to military school was the result of his behavior at school, where Fred was a trustee.

She also claims Fred Trump knew DT was no kind of businessman, but he admired and wanted to exploit DT’s media talent. One failure of FT was as a public figure. He was strictly a back room operator who couldn’t even manage a Dale Carnegie speaking course. So he lived vicariously through DT and the Commodore Hotel and Trump Tower projects would’ve never happened without him.

Trump was on Fresh Air, and it sounds like her father was emotionally assaulted by Fred Trump because he wasn't a business guy sociopath, and was incapable of breaking away and not giving a fuck, which led to his alcoholism and demise.

Worse, Mary Trump (she is Donald Trump's niece) actually had assets she was unaware of and her uncles and aunts did nothing to act maturely to help know about/deal with it. They tried to make Mary Trump et. al think that Fred Trump's fortune was about 1/50th of what it was.

Titled link: Out In Left Field with Dana Goldberg - Stephanie Miller's Sexy Liberal Podcast Network

Another one: "The World's Most Dangerous Man": Mary Trump on Her Uncle, President Trump, & Why He Must Be Ousted - YouTube by Amy Goodman at Democracy Now

Has such tidbits as grandfather Fred Trump thinking that acknowledging mistakes and expressing regrets are signs of weakness. Also describes how Donald Trump disdained the military before he became President.

I looked in discussions of the book for mention of the Big Five personality model and the Dark Triad of troublesome personality traits. No mention in my looking so far. What they are:

The Big Five: openness to experience / intellect, extroversion, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and neuroticism / negative emotionality

The Dark Triad: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy

Has anyone here gotten that book? Is it worth getting?

Titled link: Out In Left Field with Dana Goldberg - Stephanie Miller's Sexy Liberal Podcast Network

Another one: "The World's Most Dangerous Man": Mary Trump on Her Uncle, President Trump, & Why He Must Be Ousted - YouTube by Amy Goodman at Democracy Now

Has such tidbits as grandfather Fred Trump thinking that acknowledging mistakes and expressing regrets are signs of weakness. Also describes how Donald Trump disdained the military before he became President.

I looked in discussions of the book for mention of the Big Five personality model and the Dark Triad of troublesome personality traits. No mention in my looking so far. What they are:

The Big Five: openness to experience / intellect, extroversion, conscientiousness, agreeableness, and neuroticism / negative emotionality

The Dark Triad: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy

Has anyone here gotten that book? Is it worth getting?

Supposedly they are all sold out. I like that in a few short weeks the book has been sold more than The Art Of The Deal ever has.

I was thinking of getting the book on Kindle. It may also be on other e-book publishers, like Barnes & Noble. A nice thing about e-books is that their "printing" is easy and on-demand.

"or an unstable niece, who was now rightfully shunned, scorned and mocked her entire life, and never even liked by her own very kind & caring grandfather"

Yeah, so about this line, "rightfully shunned, scorned and mocked here entire life". Who is rightfully shunned their "entire" life? And to be fair to Trump, he is telling the truth. The family hated her and her Dad. So she was shunned and scorned her entire life... yet somehow, it was rightful? Well, of course he'd say it was rightful because he was doing the shunning and scorning... and hiding that she had assets.

Trump's supporters are garbage.

Niece says 'cruel and traitorous' Trump belongs in prison
President Donald Trump’s niece says her uncle is “criminal, cruel and traitorous” and belongs in prison after he leaves the White House.

Mary Trump, a psychologist, author and outspoken critic of her estranged relative, rejects the notion that putting a former president on trial would deepen the nation’s political divisions.

“It’s quite frankly insulting to be told time after time that the American people can handle it and that we just need to move on,” Mary Trump told The Associated Press in an interview this week.

“If anybody deserves to be prosecuted and tried, it’s Donald,” she added. ”(Otherwise) we just leave ourselves open to somebody who, believe it or not, is even worse than he is.”
Someone from Trump's re-election campaign responded “Did she mention she has a book to sell?”

MT is now working on another book.
Her new book, “The Reckoning,” from publisher St. Martin’s Press won’t be out until next July. It will trace what she says is America’s collective trauma from its founding on the backs of enslaved Africans to the burgeoning economic and mental health impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.

America is “looking down the barrel of an explosion of psychological disorders” from the “trauma of living in a country in which the pandemic didn’t just strike, but it was completely mishandled,” Mary Trump told the AP.
As an American, I can only look with envy at how countries like New Zealand and Australia and Taiwan and South Korea handled this virus. Even less-successful nations often had leaders who took the virus seriously, like Germany.
When her book about the family was published in July, Trump tweeted that Mary Trump was “a seldom seen niece who knows little about me, says untruthful things about my wonderful parents (who couldn’t stand her!) and me,” and violated a non-disclosure agreement.
Does he ever have any criticism other than contempt?
Mary Trump said the president’s post-election behavior “makes perfect sense,” given his personality, psychology, and lifelong disdain for losers.

“This is somebody who’s never won legitimately in his life,” she said. “But he’s never lost either. Because in his view, winning is so important and he always deserves to win that it’s OK to lie, cheat and steal.”

Mary Trump said the president inherited his acerbic behavior from his father, Fred Trump, a real estate developer who died in 1999. She called her grandfather “a horrible human being who just reveled in other people’s humiliation.”

“It’s not simply that Donald is horrible and incompetent and cruel, it’s that he’s been allowed to be,” she said. “Every transgression that’s gone on unpunished has been an opportunity for him to push the envelope even further. That’s partially why we’re going to see him smashing as much stuff on his way out the door as he can.”

Mary Trump acknowledges that she has seen the president only sporadically over the last 20 years — she wrote in “Too Much and Never Enough” that he invited her to a family dinner at the White House in 2017 — but, she argues, “he hasn’t changed at all.”

“I’m essentially looking at the same person I knew when I was growing up,” she said.
Trump has been bailed out of defeats all his life, but only some Republican politicians are willing to bail him out this time. The military won't bail him out, election officials won't bail him out, and judges won't bail him out.

Trump niece files suit saying family cheated her of millions

I'm sure we discussed earlier, but here is a link again:
In recordings, Trump's sister says he 'has no principles'

Back
Top Bottom