• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's phone--why it matters

In the interest of national security, the NSA should do just that. And hang him out to dry at the first opportunity.
I thought the same thing, they should hack his microphone, record it and then leak it. And then blame russian hackers :)
Cynic in me tells me they are already doing it.

While I can see the irony and hypocrisy of Trump making Hillary's email server a campaign issue, and then refusing to give up his personal non-secure phone, how is this a bigger risk than Hillary having her ipad with her all the time? Of course Trump is the president and not Secretary of State, but still.

As for microphones, if Trump really doesn't use it for anything but tweeting, they could be physically disconnected. Same with GPS. Of course it is still somewhat of a risk, as you can't disable it from transmitting signals or connecting to cellular network without crippling the phone completely.

As for microphones, if Trump really doesn't use it for anything but tweeting, they could be physically disconnected.

Get real! Ten to one he uses voice-to-text. Prob'ly doesn't even know how to type.

http://bgr.com/2017/01/26/donald-trumps-android-phone-security/

It's not the risk of insecure apps--no classified data involved. But what if someone hacked his microphone?? What government wouldn't love to bug the President, especially if there was no chance it could be traced to them?

I would be surprised if there actually is a phone that could not be hacked.
Hacking his phone seems to be another act of desperation to find a way of getting rid of him as other methods have failed.

As for microphones, if Trump really doesn't use it for anything but tweeting, they could be physically disconnected.

Get real! Ten to one he uses voice-to-text. Prob'ly doesn't even know how to type.
That is a solved problem: Insta-Trump. Would probably only improve the quality of his tweets.

While I can see the irony and hypocrisy of Trump making Hillary's email server a campaign issue, and then refusing to give up his personal non-secure phone, how is this a bigger risk than Hillary having her ipad with her all the time? Of course Trump is the president and not Secretary of State, but still.
Yes, Hillary was not a president and she promised to respect security if elected.
As for microphones, if Trump really doesn't use it for anything but tweeting, they could be physically disconnected. Same with GPS. Of course it is still somewhat of a risk, as you can't disable it from transmitting signals or connecting to cellular network without crippling the phone completely.
All of that can be done but Trump refuses.

http://bgr.com/2017/01/26/donald-trumps-android-phone-security/

It's not the risk of insecure apps--no classified data involved. But what if someone hacked his microphone?? What government wouldn't love to bug the President, especially if there was no chance it could be traced to them?

I would be surprised if there actually is a phone that could not be hacked.
Hacking his phone seems to be another act of desperation to find a way of getting rid of him as other methods have failed.

Android is much easier to hack because things aren't inspected by Apple.

Back
Top Bottom