• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Sphincter tightens with latest SCOTUS ruling

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
The Supreme Court on Monday said a person can be charged and tried in state and federal court for the same conduct without running afoul to the double jeopardy clause of the US Constitution because state and federal governments are separate sovereigns.

Trump was hoping that States couldn't try him for things he could pardon himself with. Now, that option will not be available as SCOTUS has ruled otherwise, Trump could be needing to look to pimp up a jail cell.

Ginsburg and Gorsuch dissented on the 7-2 decision. Ginsburg pretty much face palming the idea that States are separately sovereign from the Feds.

Do you really think his sphincter has reacted at all to Today's findings?

Have his aides had time to draw up a cartoon showing the possible consequences?

How hard is it to put together a pie chart with it showing 100% for likely incarceration?

How hard is it to put together a pie chart with it showing 100% for likely incarceration?
A pie chart may be too subtle. This is for Trump.
And if they show him a picture of Trump behind bars, he'll just say, "Fake news! Loser Dem Fantasy! They can't impeach me, the Senate won't let them!"

My wife and I have a bet going...
She says he will flee to the Philippines to avoid prosecution
I say he will flee to Scotland to avoid prosecution

She is banking on the absence of an extradition agreement with dictatorships... I am banking on the likelihood of Trump having a dual citizenship in Scotland - or the right to one, along with the absence of reciprocity of the EU agreement, which Scotland has been vocally opposed to since 2007.

Where do you think he will flee?

I was thinking Russia, but I can see him going to one of his dictator friends. Since he won't be much of a useful idiot to them then who knows how long he will actually last in whatever country.

My thought is he will go to whatever country on a 'presidential visit', then resign and stay there.

I was thinking Russia, but I can see him going to one of his dictator friends. Since he won't be much of a useful idiot to them then who knows how long he will actually last in whatever country.

My thought is he will go to whatever country on a 'presidential visit', then resign and stay there.

ya, we both agree with that...

Totally don't think it will be Russia, though... they have no use for him when his assets and influence dries up.. and I doubt he really trusts them enough... what's he gonna do, have Snowden as a roommate?

He thinks he can always control the situation. Why would his sphincter tighten?

For that matter, does he even have one? It seems all the shit comes out his mouth!

What about the idea that the President can't pardon state offenses and governors can't pardon federal offenses?

This is a separate issue from the double jeopardy.

Also, I am a bit confused on pardon powers. Can Trump pardon a buddy of his who is currently on trial or even before an indictment?

Nevermind, that is what Ford did for Nixon. But how tightly restricted that is would be a legal struggle.

Definitely run home to daddy Putin.Who will use him in some way to start a second civil war.

I think the reason that Trump is so desperate for a second term is because most or all of his crimes won't be prosecutable due to the statute of limitations. Some think a bill should be passed to change this, but changing the law to prosecute one person might not be such a good idea. Besides, if Trump were to be in office for almost six more years, he will be 78. Considering his unhealthy lifestyle, I'm guessing that if he's still alive, he won't live much longer.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/donald-trump-statute-limitations-no-president-above-law-act.html

On Friday, three Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee introduced the “No President Is Above the Law Act.” The name is appealing, and the idea is, too; because the Justice Department has concluded that a sitting president can’t be indicted, the bill extends the statute of limitations for indicting a president so that it doesn’t run out while he or she is in office. The logic and motivation for the bill are compelling, but if the bill became law, it could introduce dynamics into our politics that might well prove damaging to our democracy—indeed, you only need look at the headlines these days to see how an authoritarian-minded president might take advantage of such a law to punish a politically threatening predecessor. There may, however, be a way to achieve through amendment the noble objectives of the No President Is Above the Law Act while mitigating the palpable risk.

From what I've read, the crimes he committed in New York also have similar statute of limitations. We just need to get this bastard out of office in 2020. That is why I will only vote for the person who appears to have the best chances of beating his sorry ass. The candidate must win in several swing states. But, like anyone who has half a brain and a little bit of decency, I will vote for whoever the Democratic candidate is, after we all vote in the primaries. I just want Trump out before he does irreparable damage. I don't give a shit whether he dies from his unhealthy lifestyle, is prosecuted or ends up a babbling idiot in an assisted living facility, called Trump Long Term Care. He can point to his name with glee as he pees in his Depends. ;)

My wife and I have a bet going...
She says he will flee to the Philippines to avoid prosecution
I say he will flee to Scotland to avoid prosecution

She is banking on the absence of an extradition agreement with dictatorships... I am banking on the likelihood of Trump having a dual citizenship in Scotland - or the right to one, along with the absence of reciprocity of the EU agreement, which Scotland has been vocally opposed to since 2007.

Where do you think he will flee?

Scotland? He wouldn't last three months before someone scalped him with a 9-iron.

There is absolutely no chance that he is leaving office in 2020 with State charges looming over him. No chance in the world. He will have to be dragged out of the oval office kicking and screaming "fake election!".. and I don't see the Dems as capable of that... regardless of the landslide or not election results, he is staying because if the Dems say leave, and he doesn't, then they will certainly resort to asking him more politely again to please leave... pretty, pretty, please leave, k?

If roles were reversed (politically), the Reps would have had that House jail rebuilt in a day and filled using the US Marshal to drag any offender of the Constitution in on contempt of Congress... and call it "emptying the swamp".

Sitting here dumbfounded that nobody has mentioned the possibility of Rumpy running to his lover, Kim.
Sure, that would only be the option if he is truly terrified for his life, but is that so far fetched?

Sitting here dumbfounded that nobody has mentioned the possibility of Rumpy running to his lover, Kim.
Sure, that would only be the option if he is truly terrified for his life, but is that so far fetched?

Yes.. that is soooo far fetched. What would he do there, besides loose those 50 extra pounds?

So, if the trumpster fire's sphincter tightens, will that cut off the blood supply to his one brain cell?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Back
Top Bottom