• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twins with different dads

Tom Sawyer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
That I'm God
Interesting case:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/twin-girls-have-different-dads-judge-finds-1.2365365

A judge ruled Monday in a paternity case that the man from whom the twins' mother sought child support has to pay for only one of the children. A DNA test showed that he was almost certainly the father of one twin but wasn't the father of the other.

It's rare for a woman to give birth to twins with different fathers. Passaic County Superior Court Judge Sohail Mohammed wrote in his opinion that he found two other court cases nationally on such matters.

It can happen when the woman has sexual intercourse with two men in the same menstrual cycle and two of her eggs are fertilized separately by each man.

I did not know that this was possible.

Interesting case:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/twin-girls-have-different-dads-judge-finds-1.2365365

A judge ruled Monday in a paternity case that the man from whom the twins' mother sought child support has to pay for only one of the children. A DNA test showed that he was almost certainly the father of one twin but wasn't the father of the other.

It's rare for a woman to give birth to twins with different fathers. Passaic County Superior Court Judge Sohail Mohammed wrote in his opinion that he found two other court cases nationally on such matters.

It can happen when the woman has sexual intercourse with two men in the same menstrual cycle and two of her eggs are fertilized separately by each man.

It's not even particularly rare. One reference I read can't seem to locate right now found two percent such cases in paternity tests involving fraternal twins. That's of course a very biased sample (biased in the sense that it will include a higher than average number of women who've had intercourse with two men in the same cycle), but still not negligible.

Combine that with the info on tetragametic chimerism and the logical conclusion is that there are almost certainly people out there who have two biological dads - without knowing it. You or I might be one of them.

Interesting case:

It's happened a few times that I can think of. One of the more famous recent examples was when one of the twin babies born was white and the other was black. Momma had some 'splainin' to do to Daddy after that! As Rush Limbaugh would say, "That makes her a slut!"

The twins would not be identical twins. There would be two eggs released by the mother. One would be fertilized by one father, the other by the other father.

Interesting case:

That a woman could be this classy?

Doctors are fairly sure my kids were conceived on two different dates. One was significantly behind the other for development.
I just maintained then and for the last 20 years that he was easily distracted from his projects... Homework, chores, growing legs...

Back
Top Bottom