• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Ukrainian Churches (From: Louisana/10 commandments)

To notify a split thread.

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
What a country! Russia is destroying all non-Russian Orthodox churches in Russian controlled Ukraine.

Religious freedom is under attack in Ukraine. Not from Ukrainian lawmakers, as some critics have falsely alleged, but from actual Russian soldiers.
A forgotten element of Russia’s war on Ukraine is its calculated destruction of churches and religious sites, part of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s physical and spiritual assault against the Ukrainian people.
This combination was most recently seen in late March, when the World Russian People’s Council adopted a statement overseen by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow. It described Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as a “holy war” and declared that “the entire territory of present-day Ukraine should be included in the area of Russia’s exclusive influence.”

What a country! Russia is destroying all non-Russian Orthodox churches in Russian controlled Ukraine.

Religious freedom is under attack in Ukraine. Not from Ukrainian lawmakers, as some critics have falsely alleged, but from actual Russian soldiers.
A forgotten element of Russia’s war on Ukraine is its calculated destruction of churches and religious sites, part of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s physical and spiritual assault against the Ukrainian people.
This combination was most recently seen in late March, when the World Russian People’s Council adopted a statement overseen by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow. It described Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as a “holy war” and declared that “the entire territory of present-day Ukraine should be included in the area of Russia’s exclusive influence.”

That's BS. It's actually Ukraine who banned Ukrainain orthodox church.
Russia hase plenty non-orthodox churches. catholic churches, anglican churches, etc....
I think scientology and a couple of christian sects are still banned in Russia.

Why would Ukraine ban Ukrainian orthodox churches?

Russia hase plenty non-orthodox churches. catholic churches, anglican churches, etc....
I think scientology and a couple of christian sects are still banned in Russia.
We aren't talking about churches in Russia.

Last edited:

because they’re nazis! Duh…

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is the one affiliated with a Russian head of church. There’s a different one that is actually Ukrainian-centered. I think.

But I could be wrong. JUst recalling that a Russia-headed church faction exists in Ukraine and there was a split kerfluffle.

Last edited:
Because they were "subsidiaries" of russian orthodox church.
And they did not simply ban them, they stole their property and gave it to illegal until recently Kiev branch of Ukrainian orthodox church.

I think the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is the one affiliated with a Russian head of church. There’s a different one that is actually Ukrainian-centered. I think.

But I could be wrong. JUst recalling that a Russia-headed church faction exists in Ukraine and there was a split kerfluffle.
Yes.

Basically ukrainian church was part of Russian one, that has been the arrangement since forever. With proxy war US started on Russia in Ukraine in 2014 that was weird so State Department decided that they will get Ukrainian church independent of Russian one. So they went the main orthodox guy in Constantinople and told him to make it happen. So he did. Russian Church did not agree with this. I for obvious reasons don't care that much, but there were a lot kicking and screaming during that divorce.

Last edited:

Technically they are.

Technically they are.

Ukrainians dumped the Russian Orthodox Church. Alien and unfriendly and supporter of War against Ukraine.

Technically they are.

Ukrainians dumped the Russian Orthodox Church. Alien and unfriendly and supporter of War against Ukraine.
No, CIA dumped Russian Orthodox Church. If I remember correctly CIA chief literally met with that guy in Constantinople.
In reality people were pissed off when the church where they coming for ages was suddenly raided and closed. As I said, lots of kicking and screaming.
People who were for closing russian churches were not even christians.
And it was logical thing to do for CIA, anything connected to Russia must be expelled, I understand the logic.

Technically they are.

No, CIA dumped Russian Orthodox Church. If I remember correctly CIA chief literally met with that guy in Constantinople.
In reality people were pissed off when the church where they coming for ages was suddenly raided and closed. As I said, lots of kicking and screaming.
And it was logical thing to do for CIA, anything connected to Russia must be expelled, I understand the logic.

CIA had nothing to do with Ukraine being pissed at the Russian Orthodox church that supported Pootie's invasion 110%. A religious fifth column in the heart of Ukraine.

Technically they are.

CIA had nothing to do with Ukraine being pissed at the Russian Orthodox church that supported Pootie's invasion 110%. A religious fifth column in the heart of Ukraine.
It happened in 2018-2019
And CIA has everything to do with everything.

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
Was the CIA responsible for banning Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia?

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
False.

Because they were "subsidiaries" of russian orthodox church.
And they did not simply ban them, they stole their property and gave it to illegal until recently Kiev branch of Ukrainian orthodox church.
I looked it up and you are correct about the ban. Nations at war generally do not care for traitorous organizations.

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
False.
No, what I said is a matter of records. Ukro-nazi themselves admit that.

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
False.
False.

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
Was the CIA responsible for banning Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia?

Technically they are.

It happened in 2018-2019
False.
False.
No, it's not.
https://orthochristian.com/117882.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom