• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Unintended consequences from trying to protect women

As keeping it illegal also makes it more dangerous. And this certainly isn't just a women's issue with obviously plenty of men involved.

Derec isn't the only one; there are many guys for whom prostitution is the only opportunity for sex, and therefore the opportunity, and the people they meet while pursuing it, are extremely important to them.

Last edited:
Derec isn't the only one; there are many guys for whom prostitution is the only opportunity for sex, and therefore the opportunity, and the people they meet while pursuing it, are extremely important to them.

Ya, I don't really see the point of harassing people for wanting to see prostitutes. If two consenting adults want to have sex, the nature of the interaction shouldn't matter to anyone except the two of them.

Ya, I don't really see the point of harassing people for wanting to see prostitutes. If two consenting adults want to have sex, the nature of the interaction shouldn't matter to anyone except the two of them.

Yep. I have never given money to a woman in exchange for sex, but there's been a few times where I've had to purchase meals, flowers and entertainment for a woman in order to have sex with her. And its nobody's business that I did this, nor do I feel any shame.

Yep. I have never given money to a woman in exchange for sex, but there's been a few times where I've had to purchase meals, flowers and entertainment for a woman in order to have sex with her. And its nobody's business that I did this, nor do I feel any shame.

I've purchased gifts for women to show them I appreciate their company. I've never done it to facilitate sex.

Likewise. The state's role should be limited to ensuring it's consenting adults without STDs.

I've purchased gifts for women to show them I appreciate their company. I've never done it to facilitate sex.

Keep telling yourself that, dude.

Yeah, but the Government misses out on its cut of the transaction. Intolerable for the tax office. Can't have that.

Last edited:

Keep telling yourself that, dude.

Oh Derec. You poor, poor man. You have no idea what a joy a mutually beneficial relationship with a woman can be.

And that you seek out works of fiction to aleve your feelings of rejection is pitiful.

Back
Top Bottom