• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Uvalde Elementary School Calmed With Reasoned Speech By Gov. Abbott

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
UVALDE, TX -- In front of an assembled school crowd numbering near 600 students, the Governor of Texas spoke to the children that attended the school that recently suffered from a massacre of over 20 people. Stoic and somber, Governor Abbott talked to the crowd and tried to explain not only what had happened, but why it happened. A strong supporter of the Second Amendment, the Governor had received a lot of criticism for expanding access to semi-automatics weapons in a time when mass school shootings remain all to common in America.

The 20 minute address was followed by warm applause, and the Governor left the school. The children were comforted by the speech. "I felt like he really cared," noted 3rd grader Tami Sanchez. "I didn't really get why things happened until he explained it. And while I'm sad that my fried Junquita is dead, I'm relieved that federal and local enemies of gun rights were defeated with his signed legislation."

Students and teachers alike were in agreement that the tragic affair of May 24th was devastating, it could have been much worse. "If people like Hillary Clinton are allowed to take people's guns," stated 4th grader Timothy Williams, "all our freedoms are at risk. I'm proud that what I witnessed in my classroom on May 24th was a token paid to ensure the most important rights an American can have. Freedom isn't free."

"We appreciated the Governor coming down and speaking with us," said 2nd grade teacher Emilia Emerson. "It was comforting to know how deeply he cared and how much he promised to ensure that if someone wants access to a semi-automatic weapon, it doesn't matter what that person wants to do with it, all that matters is that our freedoms are protected, including those that perished. It is best they were pumped with bullets in a free state than victims of overbearing nanny staters."

The school Principal indicated they planned on having the students work on a banner to be unveiled at the NRA convention in Houston this Friday that will read "Don't let our cries of anguish be mistaken to be a call to try and prevent this from ever happening again."

You left out the bad man heckler, Beto.

The incredibly almost humorously pathetic part of this, is that the only thing more inept than the response to the active shooter is the response to that response.

The incredibly almost humorously pathetic part of this, is that the only thing more inept than the response to the active shooter is the response to that response.
That is to be told. The kids were shot and many likely dead before the delay. The pathetic thing is the delaying (possibly obstructing?) cops support the party that is defending the killer's right to have purchased those weapons they were shying from.

Back
Top Bottom